READ BEFORE POSTING! - Guidelines for Connections Requests

As part of the new updating to Connections by Route, we are going to implement certain guidelines for requesting and accepting partners.

Due to a significant number of threads due to all the routes, please utilize the tag search at the top of the main page to narrow down your list. Each route has been tagged with both origin and destination names accordingly.

Information required for Requests:

1). Game User ID: eg. Flightline123
2) Timezone (works on UTC), so if you live in England it’s UTC +0, East Coast USA UTC-5, Poland UTC+2
3) Times you play - Especially important for long-haul connections so you know when the planes will arrive at your connection partner… (no point in them arriving at 4am when folks are asleep)

Receiving partners:

Please reply to the request by highlighting the user ID in the request and selecting “Quote”.

Please add the following information:

1. Your User ID
    2, Time Zone you play to make sure it works with the requesting partner.

Once an acceptance is made, please close your posts by clicking on the “…” on your post and selecting “lock Post” through the Wrench icon menu

Mods will also lock obvious completed requests. and may also highlight them so people can see they are closed.

Do NOT create your own threads from this point on. They will be deleted to keep the listing clear for all the regular route threads.

Any questions, feel free to comment below and we will answer them.

4 Likes

I do have a few questions regarding how the process works:

1. Why do we need to enter the route, say INN-BRI if there is now a thread dedicated to that route?
  2. In terms of when I play, I play scattered throughout the day, or sometimes I don’t even play for a few days. Is it just a general timeframe as to when we are available?
  3. Will connections for future airports be added prior to the airports release or after?

Other than those points, many thanks for the new system! Saves players getting confused over connections on the main thread.

2 Likes

Answers in bold above. hopefully those make sense.

1 Like

Many thanks mate! Cleared things up for me.

1 Like

Are you sure that there will not be an INN - MCT connection? At least the M planes can reach the destination. And a 2 plane connection we all already know from BRI.

1 Like

Hi there,

I have asked the dev team and so far have not received a response. So until I know for sure, I’m not adding them. If INN does get added, the extra threads will be created.

Thanks

2 Likes

I’ve got a question: what I’d the UTC for South Australia?

Depends on which side of Australia you are thinking of? UTC is based on East/West not North/South

Perth for example is UTC+8
Sydney is UTC +10

Hope that helps

1 Like

So adaliade would be UTC+9?

I believe it is UTC+9:30

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks!

Yup!

Lately I have been able to make some good connections with players. The problem I’m facing is that they usually live on the other side of the world. So when I get up the next day and see the notifications that someone requested landing at whichever airport. I start with an airport and they never show up. So I’m assusming they were waiting for me to let their planes land, but the request times out. So…how long do you have to respond to that request to land before they wont be on your screen?

you have 4 hours after the scheduled arrival to handle and send them back.
This is where you have to make sure you understand the time-zones your partners are in and when they play so this doesn’t happen.
We have a timezone model that shows from what time a plane leaves, to what time it arrives at the other end and vice versa. Please check the model in the Connections and Co section and make sure when you are working on connections here that you provide the information needed, As you see, it’s more important than you think.

3 Likes