Own aircraft timer

I don’t think so. I guess the scripts are already written and the update will run as planned. Also I will see what it might involve. Maybe this discussion is just a waste of energy and fingertip wear and tear.
As I know myself I will always complain when it’s dry.
What I do with the game then will I see after the update.

I sure hope the developers are reconsidering their decision, guess we will have to wait and see.

1 Like

Having a look on the feedback forum, it seems more details about the system have been added. It seems the timer will stop when the aircraft has been handled, so from what it seems once handled the aircraft can sit on stand for a while. Still leaves questions about the holding slot timer.

Yes, but it sounds like if you leave it there, it deducts from your level progress. It doesn’t count down the cash like a generic does, but the expectation is definitely to turn them within the timer.
The holding timer is definitely a concern especially for places like BRI and PRG with limited L gates.

I just don’t see how this works for connections. I have one from here in the US with a player in Lebanon, I can only send at certain times a day for him to service at the other end and my planes get back during the day when I don’t play or maybe I have time to play but can’t send due to the hour of day.

2 Likes

I see where your coming from, I guess the only thing we can do now is wait and see. Players reactions when it’s released may be similar to when the new route system was introduced. Compare it to marmite. People will either love the timer or hate the timer.

1 Like

Thankfully as a an expat I get the marmite reference and for the record. YUCK! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Timer for handling will not be unlimited.

Timer when plane is on “4 holding slots” is going to be frozen (as now) it is subjected to change when multi size stands are introduced some day.

You are mixing it with timer for arrival (it stays same). Cool down please do not panic :smiley: Having unlimited time for handling own plane when it reach stand is nonsense (currently untill new update).

3 Likes

Phew that’s a relief, that was going to be the challenge. Will the handling time start from the aircraft vacating the runway (as with connection flights) or from arrival onto the stand?

As now when parked timer starts.

1 Like

Ah ok, will connection flights also be updated to start from arriving onto stand from 1.2.9?