PRG - Bug Reports (for airport infrastructure and handling)

I have a M freighter, taxiing to its stand, which has blocked my departure queue, as they both wait to proceed through the intersection.

I can‘t send this plane to any destination. It looks like maintenance needed, but it‘s not. All destinations have weird distances and prices.

Also when I choose the plane the game is massively stuttering. It is not when I handle other planes.

This bug has returned

I run into an issue while servicing a couple of airplanes in PRA. And I don’t believe this issue is isolated to PRA only. After servicing a couple a airplanes I kept wondering why I always runs out of time. Even though I spent extra Wollars into handling the plane in time it turns out that somehow it runs out of time again. Hence, I did a short investigation and can confirm that time doesn’t equal time as it seems that service times, e.g. fuel truck, runs slower than the service counter. That is the result of my investigation:
Handling: 00:13:34, 00:11:45 → past time 00:01:49
Boarding: 00:06:15, 00:04:26 → past time 00:01:49
Fuel: 00:07:39, 00:06:26 → past time 00:01:13

While the past time for boarding matches the past time for the deadline timer the past time for the fuel truck doesn’t. Yet, I haven’t leveled any services at this airport but at others. Please have a look into my attached screenshots (I had to post the second one into another thread as I wasn’t able to upload two at once).

And another possible bug but this time it seems to be isolated to PRA. Arrivals from INN and BRI announce an ATR72 but instead an AT76 arrives. See flight number OK245 on my screenshots.

The first one has been mentioned before. Don’t really know why it happens. Second also happens to me, but at IAD. Again not sure why, but it’s not just you experiencing that

@Plane_Enthusiast
Based on your feedback I did an investigation of the first mentioned (timing) bug. It only took me a couple of sreenshots and some hours of putting the data into Excel. Test were performed in BRI with 2 passanger airplanes and most of the services at level 5 as well in PRA with 7 airplanes (1 cargo / 6 passanger) and all service at level 1. Service times were only compared in 2 consecutive screenshots for services which were active and had no influence on each other in the time between these 2 screenshots, like dismarking and cleaning etc.). Screenshots were taken at the same stop (no start or landing between 2 screenshots of the same airplane).

My result revealed that the issues seems to be isolated to level one services (except of disembark and boarding) as I was not able to confirm the timing issue in BRI. And it is not an issue that oocurs randomly or sporadically. As far as I can say time passes by equally slow (same factor) for all impacted services. I had only one x class frighter in PRI (B747F - PO9177) that was not effeted by this bug (only proven for Cargo service as I took no other screenshots). I can provide my Excel sheet and screenhots if helpful.

@Plane_Enthusiast
Regarding the second bug (other plane arrives than announced). If I would have a guess and based on my knowledge about server appIications I would assume that this is an error or wrong entry in the database. Especially as this is an error that occours everytime (at least for me). Or it is just an inconsistency in naming the airplane as the ATR 72-600 is also called AT76 (ATR ATR-72-600 | SKYbrary Aviation Safety). Anyhow, in my opinion the fix has to happen in the dataset.

I think I found the root cause for the timing issue. In the end I believe this has nothing to do with service levels. The jetbridges cause the issue and that would fit with my observation that cargo planes in PRA are not effected by this error as their stand has no jetbridge. So, I started asking my self why cargo planes are not effected by this bug.

Let’s recap. I always asked myself why jetbridges should have a benefit to services like refueling an airplane, load it’s cargo or baggage? But this benefit can be seen each time one assgines an airplane to a gate with jetbridge instead to a stand or gate without a jetbridge. The only benefit I would expect would be disembarking and boarding passangers and maybe cleaning. It’s seems that the developers had the same idea but somehow they implemented that the benefit for disembarking and boarding is real while the benefit for all other services is only visualized. But as the benefit for all other (except of disembarging and boarding) services is not real the timer for those services counts slower to catch up with the real (handling) time for those services.

This doesn’t conflict with my test in BRI as all tests in BRI were performed on stands without a jetbridge. Hence I checked once again one of my E190 and assigned her to a gate with a jetbridge and once without one. And, I can confirm that the same error occurs in BRI. It occurs only for gates with jetbridges and only for those services one wouldn’t usually expect to benefit form a jetbridge, like (un)load luggage or refuel. Disembarking and boarding behaves as it should.

Does this makes sense?

Yes, that has reminded me of what was discussed a year or so ago. It is a bug with jet bridges. Your quite dedicated to your work, a lot more than me anyway.

2 Likes

A380 wing inside a B777 tail

Soo the plane wont get out the first stage and will just stay like that unless i reload and sometimes i just get kicked out to the something went wrong screen even though my connection is good

Do you have an image?

This i not the plane but it would just be stuck on that

That is the doors being opened, and the stairs/jet bridge being connected, so it is always like that

Do you mean you would hit that then it wouldn’t be able to be handled?