Tips & Tricks

Hey guys,

Patiently waiting IOS user here who still hasn’t gotten a chance to play the game.
On facebook many seem to be wanting a reset button to fix previous mistakes they made, so I was wondering if y’all could give some cool tips and tricks to get me started on the right path when I finally do get to play.
What mistakes should I avoid and what should I definitely be doing?

Thanks guys
Kelvinator4

You might want to check out this post, it has some details about the gameplay, although you can discover all of the stuff by just playing if you want to have more fun.

This post is a bit outdated as some gameplay mechanics has changed already. Bear that in mind it was for beta build.

Yeah I read that post yesterday, had some great details and things to learn about the game. Ofcourse I’ll discover things on my own as well, but I was wondering if there we’re any big no no’s since many seem to. want to reset.

Don’t worry. The requests for resets was during beta. You do a lot of crazy things with both your currency and gold then just to try things out. As long as you are at least a bit rational (meaning not a beta tester :crazy_face:), you shouldn’t worry :blush:

Hahaha alright sounds good, thanks. Really looking forward to playing it, sadly its still not up and as you probably noticed they announced that it will come in the latter part of the week (so lets hope for that).
How are you guys enjoying it?

I love it. Sadly I missed the crowdfunding for WoA, only found out about the project after the campaign closed, but I’ve been enjoying it on my phone since release. It’s a really fun blend of the best parts of AirportPRG with some cool new mechanics that makes the game really enjoyable. I also believe the devs absolutely nailed the time it takes to unlock new planes and airports to the point where you don’t finish the game in 10 minutes, but also don’t feel pressured to buy anything.

Only issue seems to be performance for me, and I’d love to hear others’ take on it. I’m running WoA on a Galaxy S8, and, whilst it runs reasonably smooth, the phone gets unbearably hot, and the battery drain’s insane as well. Battery drain is so bad that my phone loses power even when plugged in. Hopefully something that will improve with subsequent updates. Another “issue” is a lack of cross-platform sync ability. Due to the battery drain I might often want to play WoA on my iPad, but that won’t be an option because my progress won’t sync. I already discuss that here.

Overall, the game is already really fun, graphics are really nice and animations are smooth. The performance issues and lack of cross platform sync are minor setbacks, but nothing deal-braking, and I believe both can be fixed in subsequent updates.

2 Likes

Hey that’s great to know, thanks for the info.

I sadly also missed the crowdfunding for WoA, and loved AirportPRG but it didn’t have as much replayability. This new game is basically a creation of a game that I have dreamed about the past couple of years and it seems like a perfect fit to my interests.

So far from what I’ve seen it looks amazing indeed. I will be playing it on the iPhone 11 Pro so I think it should be alright, I’m wondering if I can sync it with my iPad though, because a bigger screen would be nice I’d imagine.

Can’t wait to get into it but sadly I still have to wait a couple days probably

Cheers. I agree with you that AirportPRG was an amazing game but the lack of replayability brought it down. This doesn’t seem like it’ll be an issue for WoA due to the changing nature of the gameplay and the planned expansions. The iPhone 11 Pro should handle it without issues, but please let me know how it does thermally and battery-wise. Since it’s on the same platform I believe you should be able to sync between your iPhone and your iPad as they will be using the same backend, but that is just an educated guess which you might want to double-check either with a tester or the devs

Ill definitely try things out when I can actually play the game. I imagine it will run fine on the phone but im sure it will also drain the battery faster than other things usually do. I will also try the iPad for sure since the bigger screen seems like it would make the gameplay experience more fun.

1 Like

Unity engine likes battery - the games run smooth but it drains battery a lot not only in WoA.

Heating up problem seems phone issue we were testing on different devices and that was not noticed (both apple and androids from different manufacturers).

2 Likes

Right, I mean im not blaming WoA at all. Most games like this and games in general use up battery at a faster rate and sometimes cause the phone to get a bit warm, but its to be expected. Not that big of a negative, the game just takes more power to run and to look as good as it does.

On the old post it was also mentioned that your planes will be serviced by other players so they can keep flying but I noticed that during midnight hours for Europe, there are way less planes flying in the air. So does that still apply or can only I service my own planes to keep them flying?

Thanks

In that case it might be an issue with my ROM. I’m running LineageOS 16 on my phone and I’ve read that it likes to overclock the slower cores rather than kick in the faster cores. Thanks for the info, I’ll see what I can figure out

Other players are arriving on someone else airport or on your own if you play on destination airport.

It is working on principle that someone needs to have free stand on moment of arrival and first click win if there are more players ready to accept player owned plane. Same player plane will never be handled twice on same arrival.

People will own more and more planes after a while so it should happen more often in the future.

Do you need to own your own planes to be able to accept other player planes?

No they will keep comming if you are lucky without own plane in possesion.

1 Like

There is separate thread about user interface (guide) - with some basic informations - it will be updated/edited as questions will arrive.

Therefore for the sake of tidiness i will close this thread as answers from it will be included in new one.

1 Like