Weekly challenge

What about having a weekly challenge as an special event every now and then? Since the existing challenges might be completed by many of us there could be a special challenge like sending e.g. 100 aircrafts from airport X to airport Y in one week. This challenge can be available for one month and in the next month there could be a new one. What do you think about that?

6 Likes

I agree, it would be extremely nice to have that.

2 Likes

I doubt they are completed by many :slightly_smiling_face:

weekly events not yet in coding but something special can soon start series of “events”, well I can not say more I haven’t seen it yet.

5 Likes

Possibly if you complete Events you can earn special Liverys or even earn golden planes. Thats my opinion but you can add whatever.

4 Likes

Here’s my suggestion for the weekly/month challenge.
1 - The challenge should be sending X amount of Y type planes to a destination Z (probably one that isn’t as lucrative and thus is usually ignored). While the challenge can be completed with non player aircraft there is obviously an advantage to owning a fleet.
2 - To Participate in the Event you need to unlock a specific gate/hangar off the beaten path that is otherwise unused.
3 - Some events could last a week and be hosted at the medium sized airports like PRG. Others monthly at large airports like IAD. Others could last a day or two at small airports like INN, BRI. This allows the developer some time and flexibility in schedules.

4 - Purely for fun; statistics could be kept on which Country/Region sent the most passengers to the target destination.

5 - The prize, while all of us want more Gold Planes … there are other prizes than I think fit better.
Everybody seems to enjoy the water salutes, helicopter sightings and most of us who weren’t around back in 2018/19 would love to see a Concorde. I think a more worthwhile prize is a one time visit from an exotic plane, and with it a water salute. There is no shortage of unique planes that could visit (I know some probably carry legal implications) using the base planes that are already in the game:
Air Force One, The Tupelov Tu-144 (strongly resembles the Concorde), 747 Cargo, Military versions ATR72, Firefighting BAe146, A320 Cargo, FedEx planes, B737s used for military and Cargo purposes, DHL planes, The American hand-egg team The Patriots have their own plane … The list goes on and on.
Anyway that’s my 2 cents.

9 Likes

That’s a lot but I like it!

3 Likes

Thats a great idea!

1 Like

Great, or it could be quick challenge (or during couple days only) with realtime world afairs (to be more gamificatinable).
Example: due to epidemic we need to transfer many people from GB to CZ. Please send X planes (or transfer Y people) as repatriation fligths from LHR to PRG in next 24 hours and you will get bonus XY W money.
And etc stories…