3rd Runway at IAD?

You could totally add the 3rd runway at IAD - I’m running the airport with 75% capacity, yet I have a super long aircraft queue for landing. There is a 3rd runway in real life, and it’s even on the ingame map yet it’s cut off. The 3rd runway would help me use the gates more efficiently.

Yes, I am aware that the 3rd runway would put more pressure on the departing runway - cut down on departure time even more. Many planes taxi onto the runway before the previous plane is completely off the runway - Example plane is on takeoff roll, and plane after it lines up. Airports do that in real life, and it would cut down on takeoff time.
Seriously, it’s frustrating to not see the plane lineup when the previous airplane is already in the air.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel like the gameplay experience could be enhanced if you improved the efficiency of the runways so that people could actually use their gates.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Cosunde.

Although I think you are right about:

This is already mentioned in several other topics. And the devs already “promissed” they will look into that. So please read the Forum before making such a “rant” :wink:

3 Likes

Fair enough. However, for example, it took many, many, many game reviews and complaints before the devs added a skip button to the taxiing minigame. I did read the forums, however it really seems that the only way devs will listen is if the issue keeps being brought up every now and again.

4 Likes

I know what you mean. I have some topics (handling timer) as well I don’t like that much, but keep in mind that it is still a very young game and there is no chance to get everything fixed at once. There are a lot of updates coming regularly, so at the end it is a priorisation thing for the devs.
The good thing is, with every update the game is getting better. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think the 3rd runway is a good idea, and will make the airport a bit more realistic, but this would require new graphics, new coding, and and new taxiing logic. This would take a lot of time. Personally, I would like to see new liveries, new airports, and new minigames before IAD is expanded. Maybe in the future, the devs can come back to this proposal and make it a reality.

1 Like

I think it will be of little use because of the non-changing wind direction in the game. The 3rd runway is almost at a 90 degree angle to the other 2 runways, so with the current wind direction it cannot be used anyway.

2 Likes

Updates can’t happen overnight.

1 Like

And DEVs are not primary game developers, they make this game as relax from their job. So they dont have time to repair everythig at time.

2 Likes

Don’t put a 3rd runway at IAD, the current 2 are fine enough

2 Likes

I agree… there should be a third runway.They should add it.

1 Like

With it being on the map, it should be expanded into almost a full runway with the additional scenery. Makes sense to include it and use it as a second arrival runway.

1 Like

Yes