A350 remodel

Hopefully they are, an example of 767 with RB211s as well, which Qantas also used on some of their 767s

1 Like

Actually sometimes it’s incredibly efficient. If you have an aircraft such as a 330 (Aer Lingus) or a 350 (Iberia) and due to its regular schedule would be sat doing nothing. Its actually better to send it on a couple of hour hop on a big enough route and earn some extra money, rather than just eat up cost.

EI do it all the time with their 330’s. As many say “an aircraft sat on the ground makes you nothing”

7 Likes

Fair point, I didn’t think of it that way.

Oh yea I was on an EI A330 once to LHR and once to Faro

how much will a359 cost, and if i already have a350 wich variant will i get

a35k

1 Like

ok thanks

Obviously you haven’t been to Asia where lots of short haul flights are using heavies.

And I don’t a see a point to block it happening in game as it’s what it is irl. If you are disgruntled about it you can always ignore the existence of short haul L plane contracts

1 Like

Well…

Japan Airlines has multiple A359s specifically configured for domestic flights, one of which was sadly involved in the accident in HND earlier this month.

They even once had B773s and B744s that all configured this way. If you are unsure about their B744s, just search for 747-400D.

ANA also had B773s and B744s on their domestic routes before.

Most airlines operates their large planes generally to fill the gap between flights, at least that will also make some money.

So I do believe there are some economics behind this.

2 Likes

The other thing to consider, particularly here in the US is aircraft positioning. BOS for example gets some widebody domestics because aircraft like 330’s and 350’s aren’t really based here. AA I think also brings their 772 up from MIA for the LHR run

No, I have not been to Asia, but common sense would dictate that Asia (generally) has a high population density. Why would I be “disgruntled” about the simple existence of L planes?

Everyone else made a thoughtful response to my mistake. Not sure why you couldn’t have, or just ignored it since the rest of us already moved on

2 Likes

I was talking in the context of short haul European routes. Asia is obviously a whole different story.

It was a mistake, and I was already corrected. Let’s move on please.

1 Like

Actually Air India is currently operating its first A350 on domestic routes itself and they also operate several routes on their 777s and 787s. They used to operate the 747 from Hyderabad to Mumbai which to my knowledge is like a 1hr 40min flight.
But all these operate to reposition the aircraft. Like the 747 then flew from HYD to Jeddah or somethin.
Actually these are cool opportunities for enthusiasts like ourselves to fly on larger aircraft for cheaper xD.

2 Likes

they did that because “The aircraft has been deployed on domestic routes for crew
familiarisation and regulatory compliance, the airline said”

VT-JRA

1 Like

did jal use their 744s for international flights tho?

a350 is a really versatile and efficient aircraft, i think its a really good plane either for domestic or ultra long haul routes

Correct, same reason why Finnair send A350 to LHR because of cargo.

I hope we nearly get most airlines for A350 as they missing a load for B787.

I hope so, the problem is there is a TON of liveries for both the A350 and 787. I doubt we”ll get them all in one update sadly. Not to mention we have the A320 family coming up…

4 Likes

We probably won’t get the all at the same time. The 787 liveries released in two updates but the the two were only 15 days apart. So it probably won’t be long until we get the second batch of liveries

2 Likes

Yes, they did have standard B747-400s for long reach routes until 2011 I think.

1 Like