Arrivals System Update

I agree with you but Both the view point are different ang are right at their place
I was seeing it in a real world point of vie and you are seeing it in a game point view
and so we both are correct
I also dont know what the devs are thinking of…

I would really love to hear why the devs have implemented something like that.

In fact, I don’t like it at all :smiley:

2 Likes

One thing I wanted and expected was either a whole new season with new levels or some new levels to get added
but none of them was added :weary:

2 Likes

Yeah I know. And still no more liveries for the 737 max… Was hoping for all of that too!

1 Like

This new feature doesn’t enhance the gameplay. I must admit, the original system was fine as it was. Maybe an extension to 10 mins over the new system. There are bugs which have been around for a long time and requests for other, more important things but we get an arrival system which really makes things at smaller airports difficult.

As a side note: the A330 is awesome, and a highly requested aircraft, but the arrivals update puts a damper on the entire update.

3 Likes

I was hope that the A319neo would be updated (remodelling of the engines), as we are paying a premium for a regular A319 with Sharklets. To me that’s something which should have been picked up during the development of the aircraft, and far more important than an update to the arrival system. As the saying goes, why fix something if it doesn’t need fixing.

2 Likes

Hope this helps

But still, this will cause problems for connections at BRI & SAN, and cause really long arrival queues, meaning we rarely see our own aircraft.

WoA is a management game, and players all have their own strategy. With updates since the economic change, more and more of the strategies are being taken away.

3 Likes

I can understand that they want to make it easier for beginners but to make it impossible to do something wrong is just not good. There would be so much ways to make it easier for beginners but something like that?

2 Likes

I can understand they want to make it easier for beginners, but many long term players are being driven away by the simplistic approach to things. Could the system be applied to INN and BRI only?

1 Like

I’m signing out until one can play WoA again with a strategy. I started enjoying playing Prague with a certain strategy, nicely balanced between selected airlines and my own fleet. The penalty when not accepting an incoming aircraft was fair to me.

Next update

Still doesn’t help. Best thing at this point is just remove the automatic stand assignment. That’s really all we are asking for.

5 Likes

I love it. Come on! Its not a clicktowin hame. Its a new challange we have to deal with.

1 Like

Some of my airports have become unplayable with this new arrival system. My airplane cue is literally 40 planes long at IAD and I can’t get to my own user planes to send them off anymore.

I was really enjoying this game but looks like it’s unplayable until this is fixed. A fix would be for us to be able to close destinations so we can receive less of the planes We no longer want, but my airport is simply too big now with all the arrivals I have unlocked there are too many airplanes trying to come in. It’s not realistic as I would be able to close destinations in real life but not here.

5 Likes

Um, no. This update is not realistic, quite the opposite.

An aircraft in the real world needs enough fuel to reach its divert airport. Why? Because an aircraft cannot land without clearance being given by ATC Approach.

Any pilot of a commercial aircraft who lands without clearance (in the absence of declaring a mayday) would lose their pilot’s license.

Read it

fix will be coming soon
within a week or two

In other words, all us old players can go F ourselves. All that matters is WOA creates an app for new players. Anyone who has put in hour after hour (or, I’ll admit, actual money) are irrelevant.

My prediction: this app will fail if they don’t roll this back. This game is no longer fun to play.

2 Likes

I agree with you over this point but they are working on a fix for this
let’s just wait and see what they are doing to make the game fair to the old players once again

they are also giving us the connection planes timeout fix which would help us in completing our connections too!!