Devs Q&A

1 Like

Yes. 787 in 2.1.0

Because of costs associated with Unity License (e.g. a cost associated with each download), there is concern about the volume of downloads (therefore cost) if Delhi were to be introduced.
Massive interest, equals massive volumes, equals massive cost but with no guarantee of income into the game to cover this costs

1 Like

This is exactly the issue. The reason why LHR can go ahead is that risk is lessened. Itā€™s still a large bill potentially, but no where near the size of the one that DEL would produce.

4 Likes

Ok, all I will say in my defense on this is as follows:

1. No official new version of the 787 have been released to the new content section nor updated liveries created yet
  2. Iā€™m testing 2.1 right now and it has the old 787 in it.

Clearly Kuba knows more than I do, he owns the game so I defer to him of course

I apologize for any confusion Iā€™m causing, Iā€™m just saying what I see.

9 Likes

I really donā€™t think you need to apologise!

6 Likes

To clarify- it seems from what we are seeing that 2.1 will contain no major airport, LHR is still a month or so out, which is very interesting because that would make this the first major update without a new airport

1 Like

REALLY??? so yeah hopefully for LHR

Wow, I canā€™t wait to see my local airport added to the game! I predicted a while ago that LHR would be coming when it was featured in the background of the WOA +TAI Models partnership post.

Not convinced thatā€™s the case given there are only 9 airports in the game, plenty of things got added without there being an airport.
Devs have said it will be ready this year. (LHR), so it gives them a couple of months (if release is around Christmas) to finish up.
Something on the scale of LHR will need some significant testing and itā€™s definitely not in 2.1
Plus I suspect the 350 will be updated for that release too. Plus they are on the road to updating the airport models too with BRI done already.

from everyghing that we have seen, plus the recent dev chat, makes it sound like the update is only a week or two away, which would mean definitely no LHR.

2.1 is currently under Beta Test and I can assure you thereā€™s no LHR in it. Even the new 787 isnā€™t in itā€¦ yet

pretty sure one week, but I have heard thereā€™s a new airport coming in India

It was, Delhi, but it was delayed indefinitely and replaced by LHR which we never knew was coming

oh, ok. thanks for the info!

1 Like

I made a live stream to go over all the responses from Kuba

https://youtube.com/live/QrF2_l9ZKYM

11 Likes

Thanks!!

Yo phat finally pulled up on the forum :smile:

1 Like

I be lurking, gotta lurk in all the places to get all the WoA news.

3 Likes