General Pre-Release Discussion

For me, when I’m playing, the runway direction changes automatically if the switch happens while I’m in the middle of a session; otherwise, when you start the game, you can see right away which ones are active and which aren’t.

im as excited for the devblog as i am for PRG rework haha

3 Likes

From WoA Facebook:

33 Likes

On instagram too

2 Likes

As always great job WoA team :+1: :+1:

6 Likes

The hard part for me is that ZRH was announced almost immediately after the release of HKG, in late December or early January. So it’s been eight months since we’ve heard about any brand new airport.

I’m patient, but it would be nice to hear… something.

28 Likes

And there’s more to come… the new airport won’t be ready until December.

1 Like

I do feel the crowd is beginning to become restless…

We just need to wait. Hopefully they will release something soon to feed everyones curiosity.

7 Likes

Likely, but that’s far from confirmed

7 Likes

For me, my hypothesis is that I think the later the devblog comes, the more info we will get as for what will come in the far future. I mean, don’t we all MOSTLY know what is going to come in 3.7.0? So if the devs are cooking up something for updates to follow, like 3.8, 3.9, or maybe even 4.0, we could get a timeline all the way until then. I dunno tho, it’s just a thought.

4 Likes

I will say the longer the delay lasts it gives me more hope that its going to be something thats really high on my personal list but would really necessitate a major update designation…

For those curious my #1 request for WoA has been for a while:

ANC/LHD - Anchorage Ted Stevens Airport with the attached Lake Hood Seaplane base

With us knowing a cargo update is coming, and how perfect the 737 family is for the Alaska hub at ANC, it seems like a lot of current projects could be introduced here… but its a lot for a little less than 4 months. I’d be willing to wait into the new year for something like that though (also holy @#$&… we are already close enough to 2027 to be talking about it :rofl:

14 Likes

Yes please​:nose::smiley::grin::hugs:

22 Likes

Yall remember those ask the devs q&a’s on discord? Those were PACKED with info, sometimes revealing the plan for years ahead(I’m pretty sure that’s even where we heard the plan for bizjets and GA). When was the last time we had one, like 2 years ago?:joy:

While it would be nice to get those back though, it is kind of fair why we don’t have them anymore, likely because devblogs are more detailed, and Charlie already gives us enough leaks as it is. That being said, it would be interesting to see what info would be unveiled if we were to ever get one again…

3 Likes

Keep in mind the 737 will be spread over multiple updates. I would also love ANC (:

11 Likes

There is also a shift away from discord, towards the forum.

6 Likes

And thank goodness because waiting for all those liveries and all those models would take forever :rofl:. I am curious if we’ll see the Max / NG / originals first or exactly what order they’ll come in.

3 Likes

Part of my issue with those Q&As is so much information was given that a lot of it has yet to and/or never will come to pass. The timelines they gave were inaccurate for some things (like the B737 family was originally teased for being fleshed out and remodeled two or three years ago at this point :rofl:). I do wish the dev blogs were monthly or bi monthly instead of 3ish times per year, but I do think the intentionality of Charlie’s leaks and the dev blogs are a better form of communication with the general player base.

3 Likes

My guess is that 2 major updates will come in end of sep/ begin oct and one at end of dec/ begin jan. Some minor updates will happen in between those 2 like bug fixes and aircraft remodels. I really hope that in one of those updates we will have a new feature.

I also think that the devblog will come shortly after the first major update. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yeah, looking thru the forum summaries especially is definitely disappointing in many ways lol

Game News Announcement Thread for anyone wondering, all three summaries are linked here

3 Likes

Personally, my guess is 3.7 on September 20th (just a ballpark haha) and 3.8 or 4.0 on December 25.

8 Likes