L and X planes do not make wollars in long distance routine

I feel desperate to keep my fleet size when I start to sell the planes for sliver planes. It costs a lot of wollars so that my fleet is smaller and smaller.
I did some calculation, the result is unbelievable. None of the L and X planes make wollars for long distance routine.

The price for airline consists in 2 parts: start price and mile price. For every airliner, the total mile price is lower than the airplane cost + repair cost. So that the start price is the key to make wollars.

For example, A350 total distance 317200 miles, if you fly from Nagoya to Shanghai, you can fly 202 times, but if you fly from Nagoya to New York, you can fly 27 times. You will find that you earn more start price to fly to Shanghai than New York.

I calculated A332RR, A350 and A388. A332RR doesn’t make wollars, if the routine is longer than 1784 miles(A350 2312, A388 1612). If you fly from Nagoya to JNB, you will lose 169k wollar by A332RR(A350 299k, A388 (Nagoya to VVI, 269k)) so you can calculate the silver airplane price for long distance routing: A332RR 58k, A350 100k, A388 67k. Now you know which plane is the best :smile:

Good news, the longer distance won’t cost much more wollars per silver airplane, the cost to distances is a reciprocal relationship.

To survive the game, you need to hold a huge M size fleet and maximal your cargo fleet under 2000 miles. close routine brings some wollars for L, X airliners. For example, A388 is profitable from Nagoya to Shanghai, but B747F is 10 times better.

1 Like

Your conclusions fit the situation I have in the game. The income for flights is extremely weird.

Flying longer is less profitable and even unlikely to make any earning, especially for cargo flights. I suspect this mechanism is here to encourage players to play more often.

It really depends on which type of player you are, if you have a lot of time and build a massive fleet, make the best from the game mechanism. If you are someone like me who don’t have a lot of time and just wish to earn some sliver planes… As per what you’ve said, I always choose the cheapest aircraft for each sliver plane (so buy sliver planes with wollars?). This is also a pretty clever way to go.

1 Like

Whilst I agree this issue will surely be entirely short term with the introduction of contracts, the whole earning system for routes will change dramatically in the very near future

1 Like

The shorter the distance, the greater the overall income. This is true for every aircraft type, but especially noticeable for cargo planes because their gross revenue decreases with distance. As you noticed, the problem is that the gross revenue doesn’t correspond enough to distance to offset the depreciation of the aircraft. To maximize earnings, don’t sell planes until they reach D mileage (even at the last moment, you can sell them instead of sending them to maintenance).

One note is that the lifespan of every aircraft is 1,000 hours (the mileage is proportional to the aircraft’s speed) so if you play a lot, sending planes on longer flights doesn’t actually earn you SP that much faster (it just cuts down on your cumulative handling time). Ideally you time your flights to return by your next session.

So your medium-distance solution is one way to balance wollar vs silver plane earnings. I don’t play very often anymore, so I use highly profitable aircraft types (B734F, C17, A319, etc) on short routes to offset the cost of sending low-price, low-lifespan aircraft (SF34, E190, L/X planes, etc) on long routes for SP.

1 Like

For short and medium distance solution, the number of seats is more important than other factor.

The planes like C17, A319, B734F have lowest price for every seat or cargo unit. It is easier to build a huge fleet with A319, B734F but it doesn’t mean you will get higher rewards. For example, in Leipzig, there are only limited number of M size routines that you can create. In this case, B757 will provide more capacity. In Nagoya, only 2 or 3 airports are short range routine, so B752F is better than B734F.

For Cargos, C17 is generally good, but B748F is some times better. The time to load a cargo depends on the capacity. That is a linear relationship. You need less B748F to maximize the L/X slots and the time spent on wait for the landing is minimum. Consider the capacity, the B748F is only 6% more expensive.

1 Like

It depends how you measure it, and what your goals are. While you’re building up your fleet, prioritizing high return on investment (A319, B734F, C17, etc) allows you to expand faster by maximizing cost efficiency. Once you’ve filled out your stands, an aircraft with higher net income (B757/F) keeps up your earning rate by maximizing time and space efficiency.

On their best route (LEJ-FRA), C17 has a very slightly higher return on investment compared to B747F, but its net income of 6,973 is much lower than the B747F’s 12,357. But the X handling time is much longer, so if you don’t have time to turn it around within a single playing session, the L makes you more money since you’ll be able to send it more often.

1 Like