Long term idea: Leasing between players

That is the most I’ve ever been tagged in a message on the entirety of Discourse… Sounds good if I’m getting revenue from @RudiMentaer75 because… Oh boy I’d be rich!

2 Likes

why should you get any revenue from me, mate? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Because I leased my fleet to you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But who’s gonna pay the maintenance… :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

This feature could be perfectly integrated with the used planes market. For ex. you use plane upto 3/4 of its lifespan and then you can decide to sell used or lease out for some extra profit. The latter option would work great for planes which are worth 0 gold planes after all checks, to squeese a bit extra profit out of them

1 Like

Dont be so sure you wont get your own fleet, i thought the same when i started the game and saw A/C prices. But some time later, a few airport in from INN i started buying BAe, which quickly morphed into A320s, and further 787s
Dont be so pessimistic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That can be true, though I would fly a fleet I just don’t have time for a fleet. And @DuneCrawler the person Leasing wouldn’t be paying for Maintenance the person who leased it would be paying maintenance,

2 Likes

@SainsburysVan sorry for tagging you so much lol.

So, the “lease-company” would really bite the dust here, if the payout would be like you proposed:

When you consider that 20% of the planes value goes to maintenance, the “lease-company” will only get 5% of revenues.
… kinda unfair

1 Like

Could you explain that? I tried to reply but quickly realised i had my whole logic incorrectly :slight_smile:

20% of the revenue i meant. That is what was explained in the maintenance schedule.
>>read al about it<<

So when 20% of the revenue is going to maintenance, and the “lease-company” only gets 25% of revenue, the sum is not that difficult.

Income 25%
Maintenance: -20%
Revenue: 5%

1 Like

@Ivan0921, you can also edit your answers, you do not have to withdraw them :wink:

1 Like

What I meant is the player that since, @SainsburysVan gave up a plane to @RudiMentaer75, @SainsburysVan pays for the maintenance,

1 Like

If Jamster is the owner of the plane and he leases the plane out to RudiMentaer75. And Jamster has to pay the 20% maintenance and “only” gets 25% of the revenue than Jamser will only have an effective revenue of 5%.

2 Likes

I know, i edited but realised even then waht i wrote didnt make much sense :joy:

1 Like

Yeah. @SainsburysVan leasing should work with a system akin to wet leasing IRL. The airline that is using the plane pays for use of plane (fuel, airport fees, maintanance etc…) while the planes owner provides just crew and planes services (both of which are irrelevant in WoA)

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

That I am down for. Lease a Concorde? Yes please!

I can live with those 5% since my balance has already 9 digits :innocent:

Anyway the main idea was a system to boost new players economy.

It is still a great idea! Just think that maybe 10 - 15% woudl be a bit nicer :wink:

1 Like