Question about maintenance

There is constant process of changes going on for everythign. Will put that on the table for discussion with rest of the team.

Actually there is another concept with “Hall of fame” for planes that reach its end.

Maintenance plan could be A-B-C-D (where D increase sell value a little as it is thorough maintenance) then A-B-C-SCRAP.

If one does not want to scrap a plane - it can be “deactivated” and lands in special hangar new feature called “Hall of fame”.

All details for that plane will be shown there (milage / income / number of rotations per destination). It can not fly anymore but it is never lost for “plane collectors”.

5 Likes

For the people on FB they have 300 planes which in 1 round they probably make enough money to buy a lot of those again once they get to their point of no return. I don’t get why they are complaining.

1 Like

:joy:facebook :joy:

2 Likes

is it on purpose that A380s need way less mileage (56000nm) than other L & XL aircraft (around 75000nm) until they reach their A-check?

I noticed that too…

It is explained in the changelog:

• Every plane’s life cycle ends up when 1000% of its initial value is earned
  • that is translated to milage (NM)

So you earn more per flight with the a380, that is why you have a lower mileage to receive 1000% revenue. A check comes on 10%. All in all the idea behind makes sense.

but why does an A320 has almost the same values than an A380 or am I too stupid to understand it? Also I do earn way more with a B747 that has almost the same values than a B787. :smirk:

B787 costs 292 000, so it will earn about 2 920 000 before the end of its life minus maintenance. B747 costs 418 000 so it will earn about 4 180 000 before end of its life minus maintenance. Are we on the same wave? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Perfect explained I would say. It is just because you are earning more per mile with an A380 than with a A320.
It is not really realistic that an A380 can fly less miles in total than an A320, but every plane/income is probably based on the same formula. It would be much more complex to create an own formula for each plane.

For me it is fine, even though I think that we are currently earning way too much per flight with the A380s. A lower income per mile would be better, because we would be able to fly more miles especially in comparison to the other planes. But as I said I don’t think this would be an easy change.

1 Like

Baseline is income per plane not the milage.

totally agree on that

exactly, and income is translated in miles…

That is why an A380 can fly less miles than almost every other plane, because it earns much more per flown mile :wink:

That is all I said above.

1 Like

took me 4 days to need maintenance :innocent:

2 Likes

would it be possible to replace this area with the current maintenance status of your aircraft, since it has no valuable information in there for owned aircraft? it’s hard to see if your aircraft needs maintenance (without scrolling through a long list) while handling it and suddenly when it’s ready for departure you realize it and maybe have to wait another 50 minutes because you’ve just send another aircraft to the maintenance destinations. it would be a nice feature.

Screenshot_20200425-123423~2

it’s also a bit odd that the aircraft has to be fully loaded with pax and cargo before you send it to maintenance :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Refering to:

in topic: Cargo Problem IAD - #5 by DuneCrawler
I have found my chalange: Maintenance capacity, Now i have two A380’s waiting for maintenance and both sites are on cooldown :wink:

I have 6 A380s waiting, that escalated quickly. 4 trips and the baby needs maintenance, I think we need a better solution for this especially with just two destinations to send them for maintenance and the cooldown. I’m not sending normal aircraft to FRA & SEA in case of aircraft in need of maintenance.

1 Like

I think its kinda weird there is cooldown for maintenance caused by sending pax airplane to that destination.

2 Likes

i agree

1 Like

btw an A380 has an A-check every 900-1000 flight hours, in WoA you need the A-check after about 100 flight hours.

source:

Oh wait… when sending A380 to FRA for maintenance, it will cost W 44.500, but there is also income of W 25.570 (i guess for pax). So the maintenance is netto W 18.930