Maintenance & liveries

The maintenance cost of the comet has changed drastically I’ve just noticed. This aircraft costs a lot, has no chance of making its money back & yet is subject to more frequent maintenance. This is nothing compared to concorde, which costs the equivalent of £200 to open & yet will essentially be worthless within a sort time. To me this is just naughty, I love this game but we all seem to be punished. Basic liveries used to be free but now even they need golden planes to open otherwise they’re just white. I must be missing something

2 Likes

I think we no longer earn enough to actually turn some sort of reasonable profit from the aircraft. I’m going have to get rid of my Comet, as I can’t afford to continually send it for maintence. And everything, even the basic livery seems to cost gold planes, and they aren’t cheap either!

2 Likes

I think the maintenance schedules have been brought forward, that’s why everyone’s aircraft are being picked up & essentially grounded. I saved a lot of golden planes before the update & even though concorde was an eye watering figure I thought what the hell & opened it (you never see them so thought I’d get a few flying). But the money you earn & the punishing maintenance cycles mean they won’t be flying anytime soon. I’m gutted. Plus other than the short range connections multiplayer is pointless, you have to think is the massive drop in money worth the mileage on the aircraft. I’ve just stick my review down to 1 star until they sort the maintence out :-1:

3 Likes

I’ve had to get rid of all but about 7 or 8 of my NGO fleet, was about 20+ strong until yesterday. And I don’t understand why we now have to pay for basic liveries, I dread to thing how expensive the basic livery for Concorde will be…

2 Likes

It was 8 I think lol

1 Like

Oh, still expensive when you consider the 1000 Gold Planes + 1.57 Million price tag.

1 Like

This is the worst “birthday present” I have ever seen, a real wooden horse. Total disrespect.

3 Likes

The lower income makes things harder, it’s almost impossible to find an aircrafts maintence at the minute. Entire fleets need go, not enough slots and not enough money to get them gone.

4 Likes

And the whole point of the game was to send aircrafts to connections to show off your plane to your friends.

Now they won’t even let you have planes :rofl:

4 Likes

The maintence wouldn’t be to much of an issue providing the original income system was retained. Sadly less money means less planes.

1 Like

By the way, income from general aircraft L and X size was increased, in 1,5 - 2 times. As example, I already met several A380 with total income of 4000+.

1 Like

Someone posted a while ago how long it was before the aircraft went into profit, I think for the majority it was after maintenance B. Now all the long hauls have dropped the money massively it’d be interesting to see it updated. The jumbo & A380 have high start up costs & with the high maintenance & low income I’m not sure if they’d make a profit, unless you stuck them all on the IAD to JFK & other close routes & who wants that?

2 Likes

I love nostalgia so bought 2 Comets. Both were well below maintenance A check. With the upgrade I had to do maintenance A which cost 100,000 coins, so I sold one. Definitely a painful update.

2 Likes

But they would have to go for maintenance after about 2 rotations, meaning your spending more than your going to be getting.

2 Likes

I had one, went for A then wanted B straight after, got rid of mine. Didn’t get much from it either.

1 Like

Yeah I had one at BRI, went straight to maintenance so sold it. I guess the devs idea is for us all to have small fleets & fly the mediums

1 Like

It wouldn’t be to bad if they at least lowered aircraft prices and maintenance prices with the new revenue system. Make things a tad easier for us.

1 Like

This maintenance problem has a lot of similarities with the Airbus 350 discount offering earlier this year (June).

The purchase price for a plane is leading in maintenance cost and cycle.

When the purchase price for the A350 was lowered it automatically altered the maintenance cycle and sent allready purchased planes to the maintenance destination.

1 Like

Apologies to everyone, we found out there’s a bug in maintenance price calculation. A fix for maintenance prices is coming later today.

4 Likes

Unhappy with update, too much maintenance

3 Likes