Maintenance of your own fleet

I am building a large fleet of A319’s, however I can’t figure out the value system of owned planes and how this works with maintenance.

A few things I noticed that I can’t figure out about this system:

• After a small maintance the value of the plane doesn’t increase with the exact amount of the maintenance
  • The plane value goes down less when the plane is further in it’s lifecycle, so at 350 maintenance points the values decreases harder then at 250 when a flight is completed.

I am mostly interested what happens at the big maintenance and what happens when the counter reaches 0 (is that even possible). When I know this I can make a strategy wheter to sell my planes at a give time or not!

Plane values are not necessarily straight line. Think of it similar to a car. Even if you buy it with a monthly payment that is exactly the same each month. A car will depreciate harder in the earlier life than in its later years. This is no different to the valuation of an aircraft. So what is built is perfectly normal.
In V1 of the game you could get a value of 0, (after D check) and you could only sell it for scrap. My understanding is something similar here. Eventually it will be worthless and you can keep it until such time as you want to sell it but you won’t get anything for it

1 Like

Yeah that seems logical, then I will just keep them as long as possible since I dont plan on selling them :slight_smile:
Thanks for the reply!

Is there an End of Life for a plane ? What happens after the n-th big maintenance ?

There used to be, but as far as I’m aware there isn’t an end life anymore

1 Like