"Manufacturer discounts"

This is something that is in real life with manufacturers giving small discounts when buying several planes at one given time. Like, say you buy 5 A320s (at the same time, you should get approx.2.4% discount on all planes purchased. This would probably speed up some progress just a little. ( Maybe with a certain number of planes are purchased you could get a small permanent discount? I don’t know)

3 Likes

That will happen in future (together with other “commercial” updates to game such as contracts for fuel / catering). When - not soon.

5 Likes

I’m guessing it’s not necessary now but when there are probably more than ten airports this might have to be a thing because by then the progress would be drastically slower. (just saying)

2 Likes

I like the idea, it’s similar in ETS2… Where you have to buy 5 trucks from a manufacturer to get discounts & direct delivery on future brought trucks

1 Like

Yes, something like that. but my example comes from that airline management game where you get a discount if you buy more than one plane and not 5.

1 Like

Airlines Manager by Playrion?

1 Like

yes that one

1 Like

This feature would be really handy, especially as more aircraft types are getting added to the game. The discount could be based on number of aircraft purchased and loyalty to the manufacturer (increasing the discount further). Also raises the second hand market and aircraft leasing onto the drawing board.

2 Likes

This type of thing might come into its own if/when they put alliances into the game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah yes, I recall seeing something about discounts on the alliance card on the feedback forum.