My fleet

I have a fleet of about 80 L/Xs at IAD & if I lost half that number I’d have too many. I just don’t have the time to send them all out, the problem with putting them on the shortest route is when I go back on 3 or 4 hours after sending out what I have time for nearly everything is back ready to land. So I’ve got all those to handle plus all the ones I never got around to landing are still there. I don’t know how the program handles landing priority but I think it’s those that have done the most recent flights land first as I have 2 B777Fs at IAD that I haven’t seen in a week & I can’t remember the last time I saw my B737s, in fact the last time I saw them I forget I had them.

As others have said on here when you start the game you aim for the long hauls, it’s a sign I suppose of how seriously you play, but at the moment I don’t think the big aircraft are worth the hassle. A 757 from IAD to ATL earns 2000w, a 777 to ATL earns 4000w, so the larger aircraft earns twice the money but is 3.5 times the cost. Your best off with a fleet of mediums as that is where most of the profit is. It’s the reason I’m not particularly excited over multiplayer alliances as how are the long haul routes going to work.

I love this game but I’m definitely starting to find its getting boring.

2 Likes

I’m flying with 50 mediums from SAN and it pays the rent.

2 Likes

Then if you say so I will buy a 757, just need some goldies and that is it. The problem is that I want to start a NGO fleet and I just started playing it. I have 6-S, 1 M and 2 M/L stands.

But I need time for this because if I sell my Saab’s before Maintenance C then I will not get the goldies.

i’m buying only 787s that replace 777s that are short before D-check. Money is not the only reason for this, since I’m using most of my long haul aircraft to connection partners and the smaller the plane the faster the partner can handle it. That was a reason why I’ve replaced all A380s with B747s a while ago. For cargo I’m using C17s since they’re way faster to handle than 777Fs (time to bring the 767F into the game :grinning:)

3 Likes

Only opinion is to first buy the 757, then 787, then A350’s. I need a whole lot a Saab’s for this. Player planes can stay in the landing queue for infinite time. So if I buy a 100 Saab’s at PRG. I could do rounds. Round 1 - Number of gates, Round 2 - Number of gates (to be continued)
So I can have infinite Saab’s = Infinite goldies. Yessss, I am Einstein’s 3rd life.

2 Likes

it really takes a lot of time to get your Saabs to the D-check. You need to handle them and they can fly only short distances, so my suggestion is to handle custom airlines which will earn way more money instead of the Saabs. Better generate goldies with M-aircraft that you can send away on 6 hour trips or L-aircraft for 12 hour trips (you’re losing money with it, but you can create money with the custom aircrafts instead) depending on the airport.

5 Likes

Yeah definitely agree not to bother with the saabs, they’re to slow & it’d take to long. Save up for the Ms

2 Likes

I have almost done with my E190 so I could sell it for 2 goldies Because it is almost done with Maintenance B and I will put it to Maintenance C and sell it. And if you say so, I could sell my Saab’s for money and buy E190’s then. I will do my buying and selling at PRG and make my fleet at NGO so I will keep 1 Saab (I have 11 and 2 Dash’s) and a bit of money at PRG so I will sell my Saab fleet and if there is money to buy 3 E190’s then I will sell 1 of my Dash.

2 Likes

Yeah, @UniqueGolem3982 released a chart that’s on this post but he did it a while ago & that’s what I’ve been using as a basis for routes. Far cleverer people than me have worked all this out, I just go off their advice

1 Like

And after Maintenance D does the plane go away or does it stay with the player?

You keep it. You just won’t receive any gold planes after D maintenance, it shows scrap instead.

1 Like

exactly the same strategy i’m playing.

best connecting planes for cost - travel speed - handling times
DH8/CRJ - S
E190 - M
B787 - L
B747 - X
i keep all the other planes flying for profit on short routes until D check

4 Likes

Thank You everyone. I now understood how to make a fleet.

1 Like

Okay, I want to buy a concorde.
J
j
j
j
j
j
j
j
j
j
j
j
u
u
u
u
u
u
u
u
u
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
t
t
t
t
t
t
t
t
t

K
k
k
k
k
k
k
k
k
k
k
k
k
k
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
d
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
Just Kidding, I will buy a 757. :laughing: :laughing:

Concorde is the worse plane in earning money. But it is the one and only so I buy as many Concordes as I can.

The Concorde is really bad in regards to making money but it can be very useful for long haul connections.

I was just kidding. A man who buys saabs wants to buy a concorde next???

I can really recommend buying Concorde. It is nice and unique plane. And as written above - Do not buy Saabs! It takes years to get them to D I bought few and I really suffered with them. M plane is funnier and mainly faster way how to earn golden planes.

Hey, I sent my E190 to maintenance from IAD to JFK. After it came back, it showed that it had travelled 117,000 NM and I could not sell it for Golden planes. WTF did just happened???