OSL Oslo AirPort on WoA story?

If del is still on hold in the next couple months, will the devs move on to another airport and try del again another time?

Yes, thatā€™s already the case. DEL right now is on indefinite hold. There was always a contingency plan and thatā€™s been implemented
LHR was the first piece of it. I know the 2nd piece but canā€™t say and then I have an idea after that but not sure, but right now it isnā€™t DEL

Ahh thanks for the clarification!

He is also a moderator, meaning he is closer to the devs than you, and he knows more than you do about the development

5 Likes

But where is this bit as donā€™t see it on your pictures of Oslo

2 Likes

I know it was stated that OSL wonā€™t come anytime soon but I personally do like the idea of it being implemented at some point in the future.
It looks nice so I probably can enjoy the scenery (like at INN/SXM).
Additionally the airport isnā€™t that big so it will probably provide a less stressful experience than a busy LHR/IAD. But itā€™s not too small to the point it will take long to progress through all the levels (like at INN/SXM)
Not to mention itā€™s in Scandinavia so I hope the de-icing minigame will be available for a longer amount of time.
However as was stated before we already got our fair share of european airports. So Iā€™d prefer to get airports from areas that are mostly empty (like most of the southern hemisphere) first.

Agreed, but I think we need more airports in other continents (Oceania, South America and Africa) before more European ones

1 Like

Deicing minigame is set to -1C I believe so highly likely you will see it more

1 Like

Amazing what folks could learn if they actually bothered to look :slight_smile:

Iā€™m from England originally, but now live in Boston, i have always loved aircraft and with BOS on my doorstep and with my house being on the early approach path, it works for me

5 Likes

You are an American is wildšŸ’€

1 Like

Hows the weather in Lincolnshire?

2 Likes

Have to ask my dad, he lives way closer than me and was born there, lol

Hes a moderator. He has access to info none of us do :roll_eyes:

Itā€™s missing the large oval structure seen behind the terminal. So I doubt itā€™s Oslo.

2 Likes

Also quick question. I didnt want to create an entire sub topic for it.
Do you have knowledge as to if the A350 rework shall come with LHR or as a seperate update??

He mention a couple days ago that it will be a seperate update. Currently, the devs are going all in with lhr

1 Like

He said they are ONLY working on LHR rn, so no it will not.

1 Like

Yes I donā€™t see that part in the pictures shared of Oslo airport.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a corner of a parking structure and the roadway. Just looks weird in 3-D rendered wire form. Itā€™s absolutely 100% OSL, but itā€™s inconsequential as itā€™s just a cool terminal photo they probably found and chose to make a cool background.

5 Likes

We see.

I highly doubt it. Thereā€™s no structure of that size and shape anywhere in the immediate vicinity of the airport, according to the photos they shared. So itā€™s either incorrectly modeled or not Oslo at all.