Prepare for Update! (after 1.4.5)

Hey everyone, this is Jeremy from Phat Airlines. Below is a script that I wrote for a video, but it seems like I will not have enough time to create the video, especially after looking at WoA’s Instagram! I think Contracts are now planned for a future update, but my preparations are still very similar.

If you enjoy this post, please consider checking me out on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/c/PhatAirlines/

The next update for World of Airports is coming soon and the official feedback site has been updated with some information about what will be included with the next update and the chat for the discord channel #ask-the-developers has been opened up to questions about these features.

To prepare for the next update, I will be:

• Unlocking LEJ as a destination to unlock departure slots
  • Unlocking more destinations using gold keys
  • Selling Airplanes for Gold Planes (no matter their profit/loss)
  • Understand how Gold Planes function after the update

The next World of Airports update should include the next playable airport LEJ. This has been known and teased on various social media platforms. LEJ is already available as a destination in some airports, and I am working at unlocking extra departure slots to prepare for the update.

But there are also other changes coming with the update.

One of the changes is Contracts.

The new system will replace the current system for arrival of aircraft from destinations. In the new system, airlines will offer contracts specifying the handling they require, the maximum time they can stay at the airport, the aircraft they send and the number of arrivals. These parameters determine the profitability of the contract. Each player has the option to choose a contract, and the number of contracts will always be such that the current capacity of the airport is utilized. For handling aircraft on time under the contract, the player will receive reputation points, which will ensure the extension/non-extension of the contract for another period. Or else a new contract with better parameters. If a player wants to get an arrival from an airline that does not offer a contract, they can create a financial incentive for any airline and win the contract (as it is now). For handling airplane in bonus time, the player will receive secondary rewards such as silver planes or in-game money or a special arrival after successfully completing the contract.

All purchased destinations and planes will remain with the players and become active contracts !!!

This system will bring new possibilities, more fun and also a new dose of realism.

That was a lot of information! Let’s break it down.

In the new system, airlines will offer contracts specifying the handling they require, the maximum time they can stay at the airport, the aircraft they send and the number of arrivals. These parameters determine the profitability of the contract. Each player has the option to choose a contract, and the number of contracts will always be such that the current capacity of the airport is utilized.

I think that this means that we will have to first get a contract from an airline. This contract can be adjusted to make certain parameters to make the contract harder and therefore more profitable. This sounds great to help determine what kind of play session you want to have, a casual one will give more time, and a harder game would be less time - and then require you to use more features of the game, such as Jet Bridges, Speed Up Buttons, and leveling up handling services. You can have as many contracts as you like.

For handling aircraft on time under the contract, the player will receive reputation points, which will ensure the extension/non-extension of the contract for another period. Or else a new contract with better parameters. If a player wants to get an arrival from an airline that does not offer a contract, they can create a financial incentive for any airline and win the contract (as it is now).

This is cool because if you have a contract that you are enjoying, you will then receive reputation points. I wonder what else the reputation points will bring? It is also very cool that we can still reach out to other airlines, even if they do not have a contract.

For handling airplane in bonus time, the player will receive secondary rewards such as silver planes or in-game money or a special arrival after successfully completing the contract.

Silver Planes are another new feature or currency that will be introduced with the next update and we will talk more about them later in this video. With this final statement, it sounds like contract will reward players similar to how leveling up Airport rewards players.

I asked on the Discord ask the developers:

It was answered by jdrobajs, an admin on the server

I will be using my gold keys to unlock destinations so that it can be put to use to improve my position for accepting contracts. I might leave a few gold keys so that I can potentially have some silver planes to begin with.

World of Airports is also changing up some of the currencies in World of Airports.

A new currency will be introduced into the game. Silver airplanes will be the main reward for playing, substituting gold airplanes, gold keys and silver keys earned through various game mechanics. Golden airplanes will be retained, but only through in-app purchases. Silver airplanes can only be earned by playing the game. All the items you can unlock now with golden airplanes will also be unlockable with silver airplanes. There will always be two options:

play the game for free and invest some time to acquire silver airplanes

play the game for free and invest some time and money to support the developers - acquire golden airplanes

Do not worry about this change. Our philosophy that our game is free to play with no ads and all items are accessible through the gameplay remains.

Let’s break down what silver planes currency is used for in World of Airports.

Silver airplanes will be the main reward for playing, substituting gold airplanes, gold keys and silver keys earned through various game mechanics.

Silver Airplanes will essentially replace or substitute in-game mechanics rewards. We learned earlier that we would get silver planes as a possible reward for handling a plane in bonus time. It seems like airplanes may also be able to be sold for silver airplanes (substituting gold airplanes).

Golden airplanes will be retained, but only through in-app purchases. Silver airplanes can only be earned by playing the game.

A lot of games do this sort of system where they have two currencies that have one premium currency and one other earnable currency that both unlock items in the game.

All the items you can unlock now with golden airplanes will also be unlockable with silver airplanes. There will always be two options:

1. play the game for free and invest some time to acquire silver airplanes
  1. play the game for free and invest some time and money to support the developers - acquire golden airplanes

Do not worry about this change. Our philosophy that our game is free to play with no ads and all items are accessible through the gameplay remains.

This sounds like a positive change that may help free to play players. I will continue to support the developers and get gold planes on my main account (Thephatrican), while also playing on my second account which is free to play (Phat Airlines). I think this change will make it easier to unlock airplanes for your fleet. On my free to play Phat Airlines account, I finally unlocked my first L plane, and it took a while to get to get enough Gold Planes to afford to unlock. I wonder if Silver Planes will make fleet planes more available for those who want to experience that part of the game?

CrappyChips on Discord ask the developer asked a question:

Because of this change to Silver Airplanes, I am going to convert my airplanes to gold planes before the update comes out. I plan on buying Gold Planes in the future, so I would prefer to have more Gold Planes in my account. If you do not plan on buying Gold Planes, you may want to wait to convert them to silver planes.

The next update will also be adding quite a few more planes, including many new cargo planes and and an updated advanced B757 model. Guam International Airport destination and Malay translation were also added to the list for Planned Updates.

5 Likes

Great job!

1 Like

Will I lose all my levels? Please do not remove them, it takes forever to get to level 20, not to mention further. Is there a way to choose, to keep the levels?
Thanks.

It’s not sure if a new season will begin.

There is no way to choose to keep the levels… think of it like a battle pass for the game. You keep everything you have even when the levels reset.

If the devs introduce a new “season” the levels will reset. In some updates new levels were introduced on top of the existing levels.

@OrangeAir is correct, if a new season arrives the previous levels are wiped but you keep everything gained from however far you got through them.

I’ve not heard about a level reset, my gut tells me they may reset it when the contracts piece comes out, but that’s my opinion not an official stance

Looking at the list of current special liveries on tap. I’m not sure there’s enough to say a new season is coming and because it’s a new airport there’s enough to be getting on with, without the increased change of a new season.

So will a change come. Yes, will it come this update. I’m not so sure. But it’s free money and stuff so collect and spend those keys before contracts come in, because those silver planes are going to change everything up

1 Like

But I never get over 12 or 13…they keep resetting. :thinking: I don’t have time for much playing.
I did not get the thing of the silver planes. Just saw it mentioned.

Will I lose all golden planes I have now when game is updated???

No you will not, you will keep everything you already have, as stated above only change is the season level
@Kilotango

1 Like

Thank you

So are we suppose to cash in the silver planes into Green money and do it last day before the new update gets release?

No. @carlsberg72 comment was related to the LEJ update. You will still need the silver planes to unlock planes.

1 Like

That will never be possible, sooo

I dislike the new change due to before we incoming flights that was great yes I do like we can make new contracts but they don’t last long for example I use to have southwest delta united and American airlines but now I can’t have it due to contracts that doesn’t last long please bring back the older version because the way it’s now I not going to play it Thank you for your time

Contracts repeat, you start with 1, finish that and you upgrade to 2 to a max of 10 and
You can keep going at 10 for as long as you want. If you remember in the old system also worked in blocks of 10 to open slots… this is just a spin on that.