Stopover flights

Just tested the stopover feature :slight_smile: Just some things I am wondering about:

• I can do a stopover flight from Bari to Washington but not from Washington to Bari.

• i still can fly Washington to Rio without any stopover, but for almost the same distance Washington to Prague I do need a stopover. Something that should be fixed in future, I think. (only talking about M planes)

• there are 20 Departure slots available for IAD to PRG and only one for PRG - IAD. To be honest I think one, two or maybe even three are enough. More slots makes it quite unrealistic. But I think the 20 Slots are kind of a bug anyway…

That were just some thoughts after testing the new feature.

6 Likes

With this feature Ryanair had started his invasion to America. Soon nobody will be able to stop it…

9 Likes

I successfully reduced or banned Ryanair from my airports and now they show up in IAD … weird :grin:

5 Likes

How do you do that?

1 Like

I didn’t buy the arrivals where Ryanair is the first airline to arrive. Worked best in BRI, but INN and PRG still get some because I needed the destination.

1 Like

Ok. Doesn’t work for me then. Have a lot of legacy because I played from the bezinning.

1 Like

That’s bad. What I have seen as a handicap after the mega update 2 weeks ago is now an advantage for me. I can choose if I want a destination or not.
Best example is my IAD airport. All M-planes I get are two from Southwest and two from Delta. Any other I would need to unlock, which of course I’m not doing.
Now I get the Ryanair too of course.

1 Like

I thought you were joking about Ryanair at IAD at first, but I… well, have just discovered they now offer transatlantic flights :laughing:

3 Likes

Hi @ICEgamer1705
stopovers from IAD are under development. Departures to PRG were reduced to 1. You are right it was mistake

3 Likes

Looks like my pilot decided not to do stopover. :smile:

4 Likes

I hope you have a good insurance since I guess the plane will drop into the Atlantic :grin:

2 Likes

Maybe that is Embraer-190 XXXLR, who knows…

5 Likes

Maybe.:sweat_smile:
But I should be happy, he saves time and money compared to a B737-800 pilot who did a stopover. (@SomeGuy98345 agree, hope that he will land safely, I really don’t want to buy a new plane😬).

4 Likes

Does real airline do this though? Using M size planes to cross the Atlantic on a daily basis? (Scheduled passenger airline not charter)

1 Like

There are few routes and airlines, and with new types of planes there are more and more.
For example: British Airways use A318 London-New York, TAP portugal use A321XLR Lisbon-Boston, WestJet used 737-8 max from Canadian east coast to UK, Air Transat, … .

3 Likes

Norwegian use to send 737s from the UK/Ireland to parts of the US East Coast.

2 Likes

I’ve got a M gate to PRG open from IAD, has that just happened? I only noticed as a FedEx 737 landed & I wondered where it was from

1 Like

Now there is no airline flying M planes from IAD to PRG, this connection is now only for players’ planes.
But there are airlines in opposite direction (from PRG to IAD) for example Ryanair.

1 Like

Looks like Ryanair CEO decided, that route to IAD - totally unprofitable.

2 Likes

Not much money for an E190 to be away all day

3 Likes