SYD - Post release discussion

3 Likes

I havenā€™t bought S at any of the S/M gates ā€“ only did at S only gates ā€“ but D52/54/56 all have cross walks and are using busses.

D44 has no cross walk in game, but I find it really hard to believe that to access a plane on a jet bridge stand at the terminal you are taking a bus even if the plane isnā€™t compatible with that jet bridge. But what do I know? We Americans have a distaste for not using jet bridges haha!

3 Likes

This is why I wanted them to add the Qantas link bae146, but apparently that wonā€™t work so weā€™re doomed

3 Likes

THE DH8D DOES NOT USE JETWAYS AT ANY AIRPORTS. Thanks :grin:

cough cough

10 Likes
  1. You donā€™t need to yell in all caps lol.

2. This is a provably false statement. Its actually wasnā€™t uncommon for the DH8D to arrive at a jetbridge in the United States and Canada.

In fact, here is a great video that even shows the Jet Bridge being put into place at Vancouver ā€“ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiCBvRExQms

Hereā€™s another image from Montreal (not mine) -

Hereā€™s another (also not mine)!

If you also look at the image @horsepowergeek posted, the DH8D is connected via a Gantry.

It does happen, and itā€™s not uncommon. I flew Alaska DH8Ds everywhere as a kid ā€“ mostly because it was for a time the only airplane type flying into my home airport. Iā€™ve boarded it via a jet bridge lots!

9 Likes

Also - that picture is meant to show busses being used at gates where people can walk via the crosswalk into the terminal. Busses arenā€™t needed.

Also - perhaps something has changed or itā€™s a bug with a specific stand. My B463 at gate D1 did use a jet bridge!

Depends on when you last rested with the BAe, it couldā€™ve been fixed since then

1 Like

How dare you put airlines at the wrong terminals.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s now like 4 lads with how dare you at the start
Here is allā€¦

How dare you brake the 4th wall and brake my brain. :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

3 Likes

Iā€™m quite worried that you spent the time making that :joy:

Remember folks this is an SYD discussion, so letā€™s keep it on track shall we. :grin:

But equally, how dare we drift so far from the topic because of using how dare youā€¦

7 Likes

No found it on the interweb.

1 Like

Back on track now level 29 at SYD.

1 Like

Brake

Wait, Iā€™m not missing context or anything right? BAEs absolutely use jetbridges at SYD

They donā€™t in the game noā€¦ but they should because it happens all the time in real life

2 Likes

I meant in game but yea

How dare you show us all these ā€˜how dare yousā€™ on the forum :joy: