The Too-Much-Money-Siuation

And where is the fun in that? The purpose of the game is to earn money while playing. My approach even things out, I think.

2 Likes

Your choice

1 Like

Sorry guys I couldn’t disagree with your ideas more! Though it must be awful for those with mega fleets to have to much money, for those of us who haven’t been in the game long making it even harder to get anywhere will just stop the vast majority playing. I have trouble enough at IAD to keep things moving what with the enormous queues & taking 25 mins for one of my aircraft to land, the thought of having to do it with hotels & feeder flights too will just make me give up. As far as I’m concerned it’s just a mobile game & I wouldn’t want it any more complicated than it already is.

4 Likes

Lemmy would say: “Eat the rich”.
The anti-insanity-stabilizers are being ripped from my forehead by this high level complaints.
I don’t even have enough money to buy a 2nd L or X airplane in NGO and have to read that I need to wait any longer.

@pilster, I hear you and I was in exactly the same boat with IAD, I actually stopped playing it for a while for the reasons you state. Then I realized my problem was having too many gates running all the time and that led to having massive queues landing and that made it no fun at all.
Over time I initially blocked all the gates I didn’t need with generics (although that might not be possible in the future with the automatic timers coming) and as I earned more money I switched them all over to my own fleet. Right now I have blocked all 25 S gates and 48 of the 60 M gates with aircraft (ATR’s and E190’s) I now play with the 22 L and X gates, 12 of the M gates and all of the cargo gates. Average landing time has dropped from over half an hour to about 5 minutes if not less. IAD can print money once you get it going, so stick it out and you too will end up with a big fleet.
Right now, I have 20 380’s, 6 350’s a 787 and 12 320’s that I use regularly. I’ve gained 6m W’s and have about 3m of those free once maintenance and aircraft replacement costs are taken into account.
IAD can be scary, but once you hit the tipping point it will earn you a ton, best advice get L’s and x’s as soon as you can, oh and block the gates as best you can, you will earn more and your queue will start to drop rapidly as a result as the queue is an algorithm based on the number of open gates adjusted for your own fleet and connections, reduce the number of available gates, reduces the speed of the timer and thus less going into the hopper.

Good luck.

2 Likes

I like some of your ideas really much and I am also very aware that this is not one of the big problems of this game.

Those of you that are kind of new to the game and fear that our ideas will limit your growth don’t have to worry. Once you keep playing WoA for a while you will come to the same situation us frequent flyers have. I’d like to see an option of wasting money for something while new players still have the option to earn enough money for growing their fleet

3 Likes

One variable has not been mentioned yet, the Holding button. Or rather the number of holding buttons in use. How many do you have in use on your airports?

After a bad experience in the beginning with BRI, I use only one per airport. Keeps things manageable for me.

Another option to make the income a bit variable would be a pricing system for unlocking new destinations. With the current system you reearn the money spend after 1 or 2 flights. What about this example for L/XL-destinations?

1st destination: 10.000w
2nd destination: 20.000w
3rd destination: 40.000w
4th destination: 80.000w
5th destination: 160.000w
and double the amount for each new destination

Could be the same for S&M-destinations with a lower base value.

1 Like

are you talking about those buttons that in-/decreas the timer for incoming aircraft? I’m using the delay butto pretty often to avoid backlogs of incoming aircraft. The button for increased arrivals is only interesting sometimes at INN or BRI if you handle it with care.

Do you play continuosly or bulk? I use sped up landings always on BRI and PRG, but i play bulk. I also used it on IAD before i paused playing it. Though i olayed continuosly in IAD

This is very useful in Bari when you have a lot of incoming L connections and only 2 gates.

1 Like

I am referring to the (max 4) buttons for incoming traffic.

I am not familiar with these terms. Can you explain?

Not too sure if this is what he means but,

• Do you play continuously, meaning you allow planes to land and as soon as they are ready to leave you allow them to depart

• Or do you play in bulk, allow all planes to land, and wait until all are ready for departure. Meaning that you could have 20 inbound aircrafts and there won’t be any aircrafts taking off, ruining the flow of landing aircrafts.

1 Like

and then exit and re-enter the game to clear the backlog of departing aircraft (bulk)

Ok, now I understand.

I play continuously.

One of the attractions of the game to me is to micro manage arrivals and departures with no queues on both. I developed some Operational Guidelines for that (mentioned earlier in another post).

At NGO I play traffic controller this way to time departures between arrivals. This trick I learned in the earlier versions of UATC.That is not always working, but fun to try.

I do totally understand your worries. I think everyone here experienced similar problems already. This game takes very much time in the beginning.
My idea with the feeder flights was an idea to make it harder for people with huge fleets only and should mainly effect the big planes (L&XL). For sure it is not an idea to make the game harder at the beginning (I really didn’t liked the beginnings at the airports without having enough goldies to unlock the next plane category). Just read through the post of @carlsberg72 his recommendations will probably help you a lot for the beginning. I always recommend to not unlock too many S+M stands in the beginning to avoid these long landing queues.

Back to the feeder idea: I think there should be always enough passengers to fill all of your S+M planes and even the first few L&XL planes. But once you have a certain number of L/XL you should get trouble filling them up.
And I think the other things mentioned above were mainly to burn the money without having an influence on the game. A kind of cosmetic upgrades for your airport and planes.

2 Likes

I think the new update makes it again much harder in the beginning and even easier when you have a lot of own planes and money…

2 Likes

The “Too much money situation” seems to be solved.
Too bad that I’m not in that situation :worried:

1 Like

Well I don’t think so. I think it is even worse now and unfortunately it must be very demotivating for “new” players.

If you don’t get enough arrivals to make money, but on the other hand you have not enough W to buy more arrivals. I saw several very demotivating screenshots with only two S-planes at an airport and no possibility to get more arrivals. The progress without buying some goldies must be super slow now.
On the other hand, if you have enough money you are able to unlock all departure slots and send out all of your own planes very fast without any waiting times. It will increase the speed of earning money a lot.
I really like the update because it makes the game more realistic and I have the W to unlock enough slots. But I am not sure if it was a good one for the game overall.
Maybe now more people are buying goldies at the beginning, maybe a lot of people stop playing,
maybe it has no influence at all. I don’t know, the time will show. But I think the discrepance between “poor” and “rich” players will grow for sure.

2 Likes