Things that might come with Kai tak

With the talk of Kai tak being possible, this is what I see being LIKELY ADDED (none of this is confirmed nor denied, same with Kai tak being not confirmed nor denied) :

A lot of new liveries for planes such as the b747, b757, a340, a330, a320, and a300 mainly in retor livery

Advanced 747 to account for the shear amoount of 200 and SP operations into the airport

A new way that approach works to account for the right turn on approach

About 4 to 5 plane Spotting cams within both the city and bay area

New planes consisting of the: md11, dc10, L101, 763, 742, 74SP, 742F, 744, 744f, MD11F, dc10F, a313, a30b4(if not out by then, model is complete and awaiting liveries and release) (others if any get updated model such as 748, 748i, 748f for modern airports)
Any extra M or S such as md80 series, etc. Might be there too

Unknown if modern arrivals will exist along with retro, though speculated by many they will

Concorde is also speculated to be regular at a premium because of retro time and the fact it did operate to Kai tak

More x size non-gate stands

Airlines such as pan am, mandarin, ansett Australia, and retro American, and united (Air China, Korean Air, Etc. Liveries haven’t changed)

MIND YOU THIS IS ALL SPECULATION FROM WHAT I’VE SEEN IN PLANE SPOTTING VIDEOS (that and just overall retro stuff)

AGAIN, MIGHT COME, MIGHT NOT, DO NOT COME TO ME WHEN SOMETHING ON THIS ISN’T ADDED
Most plane/airline facts were obtained through this video: Plane Spotting Memories from HONG KONG KAI TAK Airport (1995) - YouTube

2 Likes

I feel it comming! But as you described. There is a lot of work to be done before releasing the Kai Tak airort so we can expect that it will not come in 6 months period as other airports came. But once it will come I will bow to the devs and cover them with gold :smiley:

What I remember from discord chat with Kubasan the player connections will work on Kai TAK as on other airports so we can see A380, B787, B777 landing in this airport reguralry.

I keep my fingers crossed!

1 Like

Well I think we will see a 777 even if modern connections aren’t available because I looked into it and some 777 did arrive at the airport just before its closure and multiple airlines had it delivered on the 80s, so if the airport is in the 90s Era ish then we should see it
I also looked into the 707, Cathay pacific retired theirs in 85 so if we are looking into the 90s period we may not see any unless the devs are just gonna put the time as 80s and 90s

yes I did a lot of research

Even saw an Alitalia md or DC, not sure which it was

Updating this:
With the updated 777, I imagine that most of the arrivals for Kai tak that include a 777, will be the 772

Next step could be updated model B747 :slight_smile:

It would be really cool if the airport would limit the available arrivals to the airlines and liveries used back then. No modern aircraft, airlines or liveries could give it a nice nostalgic feeling.

Yes, what I have read on discord it should be like that. Only player arrivalls would be modern planes.

1 Like

Yeah and that would be cool (747SP) but I also think the ability to get modern arrivals alongside them (and if you don’t like them don’t buy the destination or activate)

i’d rather like to see some actual aircraft types at the existing airports than more of this old types. Still so much missing, e.g. B767, A220, A321, SSJ, ERJ, AN148…

1 Like