We have an exciting new feature coming to the game that we wanted to share with you - Handling Crews. This feature allows players to assign handling crews to each airplane, which has a direct impact on the speed of the handling process. The handling crew will consist of skilled professionals who work to get the airplane ready for takeoff as quickly and efficiently as possible.

To assign a handling crew, players will need to carefully consider the number of crews available, which will depend on various factors such as the size of the airport and the number of handling vehicles available. This limitation adds an additional layer of strategy to the game, forcing players to make difficult decisions about where to allocate their resources. By making these choices, players can optimize their turnaround times and ensure that their airport is running as efficiently as possible.

It’s important to note that the Handling Crew feature replaces the current levels of handling vehicles, and there will be no more upgrades to these vehicles. However, handling vehicles will still need to be purchased in order to assign handling crews to each airplane.

We believe that this new feature will add a new level of realism to the game and provide players with even greater control over their airport management. It also adds a new level of challenge to the game, requiring players to make strategic decisions about how to allocate their resources.

Thank you for playing World of Airports, and we look forward to seeing how you respond to this exciting new feature. As always, we appreciate your feedback and support as we continue to work on improving the game. See you in the skies!

I see how this feature is a little closer to the tycoon-style games (as you mentioned in previous posts). I really like the concept. As you said, it requires more strategy and will require us to be more aware of everything going on at the airport at a given time.

It’s going to be a challenge to learn how to play this (almost entirely new) game, but I’m looking forward to it. I enjoy the current version but always felt it needed something more to enhance immersion. Looks like you guys are on the right track!

4 Likes

I am quite new to these kinds of game mechanics, so I look forward to seeing it in action! I’m so happy that I can see the devs’ progress.

2 Likes

Having seen the introductory video for the Discord Q and A, is it possible to have some video “How to"turials”" for the various new features in Release 2.0?

1 Like

It’s gonna require a lot more brainpower to handle an aircraft now

true lol

I am sure there will be an online manual in how to play the game just like the old days when you buy the game out of the box, (CD Rom) and a manual came with it.

The developers would either give the first 3 levels in learning how to play the game while making mistakes. After that, you can build your fleet as you progress!

1 Like