Waiting list: random or logical?

Does anyone know if the waiting list/ladder (for stand allocation, landing clearance, etc) has any logical order or is it purely random?

It goes in the order you cleared each plane to land, with recent going first.

Hi Bluebird, are you saying that the ordering of the list for stand allocation is based on the timing of the landing clearance of the previous approaches to that airport? Likewise, are you saying that the order of the aircraft in the landing queue is in the order that aircraft were cleared to land on their previous landing?

If the plane has not been allocated a stand, the one that is the most recent to arrive at the airport will be at the bottom of the list.

If the plane has been assigned a stand, the one that is the most recent to be assigned a stand will be at the bottom of the list.

1 Like

Yep, exactly. Personally I wish it was randomized.

I have therefore inadvertently been recycling the same few aircraft because I have not been scrolling to the top of the list. Rather than randomizing the order I would prefer that the list is reversed so that the most recently landed aircraft goes to the back of the queue (off the screen at the top of the list).

1 Like