Which airport should be next?

:joy: :joy:

you should play more :grinning:

1 Like

My mobile lost its display (now fixed) and processor must not get very hot so can play almost 30 mins.

1 Like

Did you use the fast option with 50% resolution and 30 fps?

Yes.

Something that is lacking in the game are helicopters. With INN to prove that they can be incorperated in the game I suggest that Aberdeen ABZ (Scotland) should be developed as a playable airport. It is the biggest heliport in the world.

Another could be Stavanger SVG (Norway). And yeah, I know it’s an European Airport again, but the uniqueness counter balance that don’t you think?

Its An airport game not An heliport game

1 Like

I still think that the best choice would be Keflavík (KEF). Due to the distance for player connections, diverse traffic of all categories (S, M, L, XL + Cargo), (base for many B757s and B767s), variable weather, military base and helicopter traffic also allowed.:sunglasses:

1 Like

I have heard that Muscat is decided as next. I do not know if it is my personal feeling but I notice more planes from Oman now.

Both Aberdeen and Stavanger are regular airports.

Kevlavik would also do. Each new airport should bring something extra. Helicopters is such a thing, and general aviation. Military airplanes also.

If we get “just another airport” in every major release the attractiveness of the game may lessen. I like it too much for that to happen.

Muscat IS confirmed as next that is for certain.
I’ve seen helicopters tried to be added in other games and it doesn’t really work, but that’s just my opinion.

I have to believe we are going to get more world airports like SYD and GRU before we get more European ones to allow for connections across the globe.

3 Likes

That’d be some helicopter flight between BRI & Aberdeen, set it off & you won’t see that for a while :joy:

1 Like

I think ANC should be an option, then add a bunch of cool bush planes to the mix that could be used as cargo planes

1 Like

As far as I know, according to them it will be in South America, most likely GRU (GUARULHOS) has a chance to be Santiago de Chile too.

Or Perth, and Johannesburg

Perth has the Highest UP votes sofar

Not sure where you are seeing that.

On the website the ranking is:

DXB - 165
WAW - 145
SYD - 132
LHR - 125

PER isn’t even on the list for playable at the moment.

GRU - top South American is 71
JNB - 17

so it’s likely to be SYD/GRU or JNB depending on which continent is up next as the stated aim is to cover all continents. As @B4RRERITA said, SCL is also a contender for South America.

Hi everyone! My first post on this forum.

I am a player from South Africa, so I really would be a big supporter of JNB’s inclusion in the game. Here are a few reasons:

As said before, we need another region to be represented. Africa has had very few carriers included so far (Ethiopian, Egyptair, SAA and one or two North African carriers with some ATRs).

JNB is a major hub for the Southern Africa region, with a large number of quite unique airlines that you don’t get anywhere else, with a lot of them operating aircraft already seen in the game. Some examples:

SAA: A319, A320, A332, A350 and various A340s
Air Namibia: A332, A319
FlySafair (B734, B738, and have some special liveries as well)
Kulula (B734, B738 with some special liveries too)
Mango (B738)
Airlink (E170, E190 and have old and new liveries. Also used to operate BAe146)
TAAG Angolan Airlines (B777)
Kenya Airways (E190, B738, B787-8)
Air Mauritius (A350, A319)
Air Austral (B738, B777)
Air Botswana (ATR72-600, E170)

There are many others I have not included, but it gives you an idea. The airport also has 2 parallel runways (03L/21R and 03R/21L), with arrivals on 03R having to cross 03L to get to the terminal, which will add a unique touch to the gameplay.

The airport also has lots of M, L and X stands.

In non-Covid times, JNB is also one of the very few airports with non-stop airline service to all inhabited continents, so there would be plenty of destinations to choose from.

I know this would be a lot of work for the devs, but as a long term project I think it will be a great one.

Personally I think it should be Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. It was the world’s busiest airport before the pandemic.

down the road maybe, but unlikely next. As we’ve said Devs stated aim is to go around the world and ATL is a monster, until the performance issues on the game are settled down, they won’t go bigger. people have enough issues with IAD already. i will give you that ATL has the most votes from a feedback standpoint for a US airport, but we are going around the world first, before we add another US airport.

1 Like