WoA - user interface (guide) & basic game informations

A post was split to a new topic: Change of nickname

Can you explain a little more about the ‘Gold plane’ concept and the visit from Haug concept. Am not very clear on the rewards structure. What does the symbol of the man mean?

I exchanged a gold plane for 10000 money? Is there any other uses for gold planes?

Thank you.

1 Like

The “Gold plane” is the reward for handling x amounts of airplanes at a given airport. How much you need to handle depends on how many times you have got a golden plane unlocked for that airport previously. The first time you need to have handled 100 points (small airplanes gives 1, medium 2, large 3 and extra large 4 points), the second time for an airport is 200 and so forth. Every airport has it’s on count, so it can be worth taking the first few on all airports. Once you have unlocked a golden plane, you press Achievements and Claim. Then a special golden plane will come to your landing queue. When you take it down, you get one gold, when it successfully takes off, you get another gold = two in total. It also yields more currency then a normal plane would.

Gold can be used to unlock airplanes you can own yourself, or for currency used to upgrade airports and buy your own unlocked airplanes (they give a lot more currency in return then normal planes).

My advice is to have at least 2-3 gold for when jumping to a new airport, and then exchange those to help speed up the initial slow process.

Edit to clearify: Gold follows you from airport to airport. Currency is stuck with the airport it was earned.

3 Likes

please edit guide as game is changing… thanks a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Haug.land green b737 will now arrive with different logic

Nice tutorial, well explained :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some updated to above introduced (due to user interface changes).

2 Likes

Some updates above, Connections explanation added.

2 Likes

@RudiMentaer75 @DuneCrawler you guys are the most frequent people i see on the forum what do you think? The account @alahiru is linking some bs site full of ads on topics that are tutorials for the game. Plus its linking tutorials which could confuse a bunch of new players. I think its a bot. What do you think? Do we contact shill?

1 Like

I am looking on it already looks suspicious a bit :slight_smile: like self advertisements. Posts with junk websites will be deleted if that does not help users will be blocked.

There are many active players on forum that can help / answer questions (which is nice gesture towards me simply because its just to many some days and players know game very well).

5 Likes

I guess I am to late…

2 Likes

Really helpful guide. And a very nice game too. I like it. Unfortunately the “random connection” feature never works properly. Needs repair.

1 Like

Yeah its not the best we have already complained. If you need conections make a post in the #connections-requests category

OK, thnx

Can someone explain what the high lighted symbol does?

Thanks!

1 Like

If you turn that button on, then the taking off planes will be marked in a green outline. When turned that off, no green outline will be there.

4 Likes

Does anyone know, or have you figured out, how to determine which destinations are the most profitable? I thought longer hauls would bring more money but that’s not really true. I have a 1700nm haul that makes less money per plane than a 980nm with similar planes. Just wondering if there is some method to figuring this out. I’d rather spend my keys on money making hauls and leave the less profitable ones for later (or not at all). Anyone?

1 Like

As we’ve all found out the shorter the route the more profit is to be made, the longer the route the bigger the loss. I’ve found every long haul connection is a big loss maker, for example sticking an A380 on the IAD-NGO route that aircraft by the time it gets to maintenance D will have lost 100000W (in fact even more as I didn’t factor in the fuel, just the straight fee). So keeping IAD as an example, I’ll send a maximum of 4 heavies to each connection & the rest of the fleet on short trips to support them. So I end up with the mad situation of A380s & 747s going to MIA & MEM & all the Ls going to places like MEM, ATL, MSY etc. There is more money to be made with the cargo but the jumbo takes ages to load & there are only so many slots for them. NGO is harder to make money for me so I’m selling a load of the pax aircraft & buying B777Fs to support the connections. I don’t know how else to make a profit now the system has changed

2 Likes

And what about classic normal planes. The longer the route, the more the profit?