Airbus A300

Lufthansa has no A300 since 2009.

2 Likes

Sudan Airways would work. They got A300 ish :joy:

1 Like

So whats the deal with it? Its nice to have some “nostalgic vibes”

2 Likes

The Deal with it is that at many topics you get to read how close this game has to be to reality. Planes from airlines that already dumped this or that type is no reality.
What comes next? DC 10? JU 52?
If you wanna be nostalgic I recommend AirportPRG.

2 Likes

AirportPRG focuses only on Prague airport and I doubt that they would continue on it. If you do not like older generation of airplanes, then that’s your problem.

It’s not a problem, it’s an opinion. You just seem to have a problem with other people’s opinions.

If I went rude on you then I am sorry but I find it disrespectful when someone says that older generation of planes are ugly.

1 Like

It is never said that old planes are ugly. Only that they do not belong in a game setting of 2021.

2 Likes

I’m starting to get annoyed with this argument.

I will throw my hat in the ring here.

Question: who said the game was set in 2021? We don’t even have a 220 or 321 yet of course it’s set in modern times given the 380 etc. but we are far from it being in 21. With the obvious exception of the 738 Max and 319 neo this is more pitched to the early 2000’s.
Next point: if we say the game is set in 21. Then we would have to remove the Concorde, comet, a300 (for which this thread was started), 340 (as there are very few flying now), same with the 734 etc.

Point is, if we remove all that stuff we all have airports running the same planes = boring to many

So we have a balance and it makes it more interesting. Go to any major airport not called INN or BRI for example right now and what do you see. 320’s and 737’s galore with some 175’s ,787’s and 330’s/350’s thrown as example.

Devs are trying to give us options. Want to live in 21, then buy 2021 planes but get rid of the old stuff
Hanker for nostalgia, fill yourself on comets , 734’s ,757’s, Concordes and the like. It’s a choice you just have to decide how you want your airports to look.

In time we will get the missing pieces for a true 2021 view (sign me up when the 321 and 220’s turn up.
But I’m old enough to remember plenty of 734’s, 727’s, DC9’s, DC10’s 757’s, 767’s , 742’s, 300’s. It’s fun think about being able to fly them around even if they are not the most economical, I can’t wait.

I will leave you with this. One of my first memories of aviation was climbing the stairs at my local airport (EMA at the time) aboard what I now know to be a 732. Why is that important to this discussion. It was 41 years ago and it was the 737th 737 ever built. It’s a memory I’ve taken with me ever since. So I have nostalgic reasons why I like this old stuff.

It’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but as i said you have a choice as to how you want to play the game. It’s built on the reality of how the airports generally run. But it has poetic license on planes and certain airport set ups (Cargo at SAN for example). Never going to be perfect but frankly what game is. Although for me, this Is pretty close, which is why I play it, invest in it and help manage this forum

3 Likes

Agreed. It dosent matter where the game is set. There can be MD80s or A220s. Old or modern. I don’t care. I still like this game ether way

Okay.

I never said I don’t like the game. It’s one of the best I played.

I didn’t say you didn’t like it. I siad I like it

But i asked for example flying v. That’s a study project of future aircraft. OR a350f that Both are not considered. So i think they develop Planes of past and not new as for example a321xlr

True. Sorry.

1 Like

It’s fine…

@carlsberg72 : I share your thoughts about old aircrafts. It’s always a nice surprise when a comet arrives. I would appreciate if at least one destination from baseairports could be flown with at least breakeven revenue.
I would like to have 727 and DC8 in WOA.

By the way: was the 737th B737 used by Orion? I remember flying with that plane about 1984 or 1985 from the UK to Vienna, Austria.

1 Like

Yep that’s the one

That’s what started this discussion if I am not mistaken. Some of us want these “modern” airplanes more in the game than the older planes mentioned.

But it is up to the devs to decide. Either way, I am happy with what we have right now.

2 Likes