Filling up all stands

Just a question, is it possible under normal circumstances to fill all stands at IAD without „delaying“ any airplane meaning serving it as soon as possible?

Feels like the turnaround times are way too fast? Would be nice to have some planes parked at the airport over night, blocking stands but maybe giving you some parking fee…

1 Like

Yes the turnaround times are way too fast, that’s the reason I quit playing LHR. The airport is always empty because of the quick turnaround times.
I hope the devs will change this in the future.

5 Likes

I think something like this would fix the situation

5 Likes

I do not agree with delaying the times to understand the planes, it would be tedious and boring to wait for the service to finish, I am satisfied with the current speed since my airports They always stop full because I have enough contracts, as in real life if an airport is full it is because it has an infinite number of contracts that make it stop full.

1 Like

Yeah which is why I said make it a separate game difficulty. Asking to change the entire game to realistic handling would be completely unfair to player like yourself who like the quick handling times

An airport in real life is always full because it has a large conglomerate of contracts with airlines, which is why airports in real life are always full,
They continued that they should buy numerous contracts at home one of the airports in the game and they will see that they will always be full, also in the airports not all places in the airport are with a plane there are areas that are not I know because I work in an airport and it is one of the largest in South America. And there are always empty spaces Because they have not yet arrived from their destination. Even the LHR itself in real life has some empty spaces.

English please.

1 Like

Every airport is always full in real life and That wasn’t the point of my suggestions. It was just to make more ways to play for different kinds of players, like players who want to play realistically. If you dont agree with my suggestion that’s fine but don’t try to force your opinion to be the right one. Plus I’m not saying the devs should add it now It could be a couple years down the road(whether they do is up to them, really) but I’m just saying that it would bring more immersive gameplay

1 Like

We’ve had this conversation before, can we please keep to using English so everyone is able to understand. Makes things much easier for everyone.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize my translator had been disabled.

1 Like

The problem with full airports is 3 fold.

1. Still have too many contracts usually so you are managing an overflow while trying to service a crazy amount of planes
  2. Now that MCT has been changed you don’t have near enough ramp agents to cover more than about 17-21 aircraft give or take. So are you going to let the rest sit there.
  3. Even if you can cope with 1 and 2. Then you don’t have nearly enough equipment to operate the airports that way.

I’ve never heard the devs think about changing the gameplay to that extent. I understand the need to feel that the airport is full. But I can assure you there are plenty of times of the day where airports in real life are far from full including my local Boston that serves over 40m pax a year
Extending the times actually makes the situation worse because if you have more planes than stands you are always going to be behind the game.

I’m not saying that the devs can’t tweak a few things . MCT for me has gone up from about 12 at a time to 17 or so and the throughput now is incredible, but you also have to remember no matter how you feel about it. in almost 5 years of existence, the game has been about throughput of aircraft not having massively full airports. It’s just not designed that way and the sooner people understand that, the better because unless they bring out V3 with a different mentality, this isn’t going to change.

2 Likes

Oh I never thought about it that way. Another thing about have full airport is the constant lag I guess we would be facing. However, I will give props to the devs for doing what they can to make airports fuller with the tower manager, because this issue was way worse pre 2.1 and at almost every airport has way better and smoother flow. Lhr without the tower would be a nightmare :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thing is I think maybe have like the twin otter at like 4mins and the 380 at 17mins. With the LHR never being full it’s more than possible.