My fleet

How 9.5K?!?! In the video it showed like 20K for A350’s and as it is almost the same, the 777 revenue will also be like 20K

Remember, profits changed back in October and have had some changes since then. Most long haul flights earn about 7-9K with short/medium haul flights with L aircraft getting about 4K.

1 Like

I am not fleet maker. Sold majority of planes for nice amount of goldies before money politics change update :blush:

1 Like

I’m building profit models for all the routes at the moment. But they are not ready for prime time yet

Take PRG as an example, the biggest revenue on a single route trip is CGK for the 777 at 11,124 but because of the distance you lose around 81k after replacement plane and maintenance taken into account.
Break even is around 3,800nm, anything longer than that you lose, anything shorter than that you make. This is predicated on the fact of you running the plane on the same route for its life, so if you mix and match long and short you can make the longer routes work to an extent.

For the 787 on the same routing break even is about 3,600 (PHL)

I’m still perfecting my numbers, but for now those are the guidelines I’m using

3 Likes

The video you’ve viewed is out of date, the income has changed massively since then.

1 Like

Hi! Would be interesting how you do your Route calculation. I made myself a calculation after the last update, at least i make money using this calculation:

1 Like

I need to dig further but it looks like your fuel calcs are off.
The ATR72 for example is actually 10% not 4.6%. They should be the same across all airports.there is some rounding involved so it isn’t an exact science but INN-PRG for example is 21 fuel for a 211nm trip

1 Like

Alright so now, due to money changes, we can only get MAX of 10K.

Atleast you had a fleet. But changes ruined the pricing that you don’t know now.

Well my strategy is that I will buy as many Saab340’s as humanly possible and after maintenance C, I will sell them for golden planes. I need money as well but I could do rounds with my saab’s. I will do it at every airport and sell them. Then I will have more gold planes for maintenance.

Hi, thank you for your answer!
You have to take in account that it is a round trip! so it is 21 fuel for 211nm*2= 422nm.
So consumption is about 5%, as you said it is definately no rocket science not only because of rounding.
So my fuel calcs are ON not OFF :slight_smile:
I did actualize my table after the last update (including the new aircraft B737-400) which gives the ATR72 a consumption about 4,9% (your 10 divided by 2):

So for the AT7 if you fly routes where the revenue (money) divided by the route-distance [single distance not round trip in nm] >= 0,34 you break even. In my table the “breakevenfactor” (in this case 0,34) is already divided by 2 because every destination is a round trip.

2 Likes

Okay, so I planned that I will buy the A350 but can anyone say me what does the consumption and earnings of price. But it looks like the A350 is a bit cheaper than the 777.

My recommendation: Don’t fly NGO-IAD or NGO-PRG at all with any plane because there is basically no profit! At the end you will lose money! If you want to earn money handle generic L and XL planes. If you want to have a fleet of L and X planes and earn money with it be prepared to send it on short flights only e.g. ngo-pvg or iad-ewr (best route in game for L planes) or similar. The worst paying route in the game is probably ngo-iad especially if you have a connection. You can’t pay your maintenance with it and your planes are gone a whole day. So if you want to burn money and get to maintenance C fast, that is the perfect route.

Does it make sense? No!
Is it realistic? No!
I still don’t get why there are no changes. I sold almost all my L and X planes because it is no fun at all. I don’t like to send my big planes on short flights to earn money. In my opinion the “logic” behind the revenues is rubbish.

3 Likes

I will do a thing that I will buy a route when I have my plane, then I will send it to that route. More money and less distance which means that I could make more money for more planes.

Essentially, yes.

1 Like

I have a fleet of about 80 L/Xs at IAD & if I lost half that number I’d have too many. I just don’t have the time to send them all out, the problem with putting them on the shortest route is when I go back on 3 or 4 hours after sending out what I have time for nearly everything is back ready to land. So I’ve got all those to handle plus all the ones I never got around to landing are still there. I don’t know how the program handles landing priority but I think it’s those that have done the most recent flights land first as I have 2 B777Fs at IAD that I haven’t seen in a week & I can’t remember the last time I saw my B737s, in fact the last time I saw them I forget I had them.

As others have said on here when you start the game you aim for the long hauls, it’s a sign I suppose of how seriously you play, but at the moment I don’t think the big aircraft are worth the hassle. A 757 from IAD to ATL earns 2000w, a 777 to ATL earns 4000w, so the larger aircraft earns twice the money but is 3.5 times the cost. Your best off with a fleet of mediums as that is where most of the profit is. It’s the reason I’m not particularly excited over multiplayer alliances as how are the long haul routes going to work.

I love this game but I’m definitely starting to find its getting boring.

2 Likes

I’m flying with 50 mediums from SAN and it pays the rent.

2 Likes

Then if you say so I will buy a 757, just need some goldies and that is it. The problem is that I want to start a NGO fleet and I just started playing it. I have 6-S, 1 M and 2 M/L stands.

But I need time for this because if I sell my Saab’s before Maintenance C then I will not get the goldies.

i’m buying only 787s that replace 777s that are short before D-check. Money is not the only reason for this, since I’m using most of my long haul aircraft to connection partners and the smaller the plane the faster the partner can handle it. That was a reason why I’ve replaced all A380s with B747s a while ago. For cargo I’m using C17s since they’re way faster to handle than 777Fs (time to bring the 767F into the game :grinning:)

3 Likes