My thoughts after playing WOA 2.0 for 2 days

Following message is for discussion and also for Mr. BlueBird

Just because you were advocating so much, I decided to first play as many airports I can for a few days and then write back here. I have played till Muscat as of now so will not comment beyond that.

Pros: (as I feel)

1. I like the Innsbruck, as it gives you feel of what is comming.
  2. I like the new interface
  3. I like how you have to assign a crew to handle
  4. I like new contract system
  5. I like the 2D map system
  6. I like that I have a more control over which aircrafts I land first. Which basically makes sure I land my largest aircrafts first, to manage landing and take off better.

Cons:

1. I have manual landing and take off. (yes I know Devs have said they will fix that)
  2. I hate the slow landing and slow take off. I can live with take off a little bit, but landing so damn slow.
  3. Handling times are way too fast. (Example for bluebird: In NGO, while 8 S type land, 5 have docked, handled, and now awaiting pushback)
  4. Travel times are unrealistic. (Example for Bluebird: NGO to Nagasaki normal flight is 90 mins one way, if you remove taxi time, it would still be 80 min flight. Distance = 875 Km. In game roundtrip time = 45 mins which means flight will be travelling at 2327.5 km/h = 1.8 Mach. And no handling at receiving airport)
  5. I tried but I am never able to clear NGO, after 1.5 hours, and 70% battery, I finally close the game. Now I am irritated by NGO. And won’t be playing until a meaningful update comes.
  6. Muscat, I don’t understand why is there 1 runway to land, but 2 runways to take off. What was wrong with older way. If being closer is the question then all the flights on the other side should land on 2nd runway. I have not been to Leipzig and hence I worry what Devs would have done there. I thing both runways should allow landing and take off. And no crossing runway. Which will make this airport a little faster to handle landing and takeoff.
  7. Power consumption issues. There is no point in adding beautiful 3D scenarios and amazing graphics, when all the users don’t want to use it. If I run the game at full graphics and 3D, I loose battery and phone heats up a lot. (And before anyone says anything, I am using One Plus 11 16GB version, so phone is flagship).

And Devs should not talk about being realistic, as this is a game and not a Simulator. But if they want to do that, then they should add emergency situations as well, specially where an aircraft can block the runway until resolved.
To be realistic, fix handling times for smaller aircrafts, fix take off and landing, fix roundtrip time, fix runway issues.

P.S. One more thing, we should have a facility to remove a slot, if we don’t want it. I am not saying refund the money for buying the slot, rather spend more money to remove the slot as well. So that if make mistakes on buying slots, you can correct them.

3 Likes

Yeah… that won’t help with your situation of not being able to clear an airport though…

1 Like

Brother, get the context from entire post. Its sarcasm, for Devs trying to be too realistic. If they want realism why don’t add these things as well. If they want to be realistic, why not realistic return times, why not a handling time for the receiving airport as well. Things like that.

3 Likes

I agree with your MCT thing. I have been saying this out for quite some time but no one else seems to care. Its the stupidest runway system in game. And something meaningful needs to be done

4 Likes

I don’t really have the energy to argue. I will say I appreciate that you took the time and analyzed things, but it seems like everything you mentioned has already been discussed, and most of what I said still stands. No need to beat a dead horse.

I don’t appreciate ungrounded assumptions. I get what you’re trying to imply. I never said 2.0 was perfect. I said its negative features are minor inconveniences at worst, not that they were nonexistent or insignificant.

Maybe it’s just me and my background, but I truly don’t think having to press an extra button here and there ruins the game.

Realistic game ≠ simulator

2 Likes

I wanna have some changes brought back, but before this there players complaining about, aircraft having fast take off rate on the previous 1.5-1.5.3 updates or being unrealistic, so this is the Devs updating the game to have it more realistic, overall I do enjoy the game.

There was Suggestion from a Op here that wanted a realistic take off speed/pushback/taxi.

Good point. I was among those people who thought it was too fast.

Slightly? You call this slightly

What are you referring to? Slightly more realistic direction…?

Anyway. That post is a month old, and has already been discussed. I hope you’re not just trying to instigate something.

Since it was released, the old fun is not coming back. Airports don’t get busy and the gameplay is more than less only waiting. E.g. before I played IAD and it was very busy. Now I have only a hand full of planes on the ground while the landing queue is overflowing. In version 1 nearly all stands were full and it was fun to watch all the different planes on the ground. It’s either the handling on the ground is too fast or landing speed to slow.

2 Likes

I agree.Full landing slots, but empty stands…

3 Likes

Does anyone know if the runway usage in MCT will be changed again? Before Update 2.0 only planes landed on 26L, after the update some took off too, meaning fewer can be landed and the airport now has a worse capacity utilization than before the update. does it stay that way?

1 Like

I wish it did but I dont think thats happening.

Thank you for your feedback, that’s a shame. Especially since this massively limits the airport’s capacity. An increase in capacity would only be possible through a cleanup (using the runways as before the update) or by unlocking runway 26R for landings (following the LEJ pattern). Hope dies last…let’s wait and see.

It’s generally funny to see how the taxi routes in MCT are now partially used. M cargo planes land on 26L and exit the runway to the right in flight direction, after this they turn 270 degrees to cross 26L to change to the left side of the runway, although an left exit exists and is free. Thats pointless and cost also valuable resources of the ariport! I think this is a bug, although it was already stated here in 9th July that this isn’t one. If you want all cargo planes to start from 26L, then this should also be noticed in the flip card. It incorrectly says that every plane that takes off from 26L is going/taxiing to Runway 26R. So if something is different than what is obviously desired, it’s a bug!

1 Like

Seriously? Maintenance is blocking my Gates/Stands?

Yes, small maintenance is done at stands, large maintenance will be done elsewhere.

Grieve, the last update did not bring realistic flight times. Even saab-340’s fly supersonic. People around the world are still suffering from sonic-boom tinnitus.

3 Likes

Not sure that change is happening any time soon. I have not heard the devs mention it

You know the flight times are realistic to the game right? As you don’t have 24hrs at an airport so whist a flight with Saab 340 only 10 mins or 15 mins in game it be an 35 mins or an hour, depending where you sent it.

Ta
JB
Quiet Giant From Silver Castle.