Question about maintenance

took me 4 days to need maintenance :innocent:

2 Likes

would it be possible to replace this area with the current maintenance status of your aircraft, since it has no valuable information in there for owned aircraft? it’s hard to see if your aircraft needs maintenance (without scrolling through a long list) while handling it and suddenly when it’s ready for departure you realize it and maybe have to wait another 50 minutes because you’ve just send another aircraft to the maintenance destinations. it would be a nice feature.

Screenshot_20200425-123423~2

it’s also a bit odd that the aircraft has to be fully loaded with pax and cargo before you send it to maintenance :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Refering to:

in topic: Cargo Problem IAD - #5 by DuneCrawler
I have found my chalange: Maintenance capacity, Now i have two A380’s waiting for maintenance and both sites are on cooldown :wink:

I have 6 A380s waiting, that escalated quickly. 4 trips and the baby needs maintenance, I think we need a better solution for this especially with just two destinations to send them for maintenance and the cooldown. I’m not sending normal aircraft to FRA & SEA in case of aircraft in need of maintenance.

1 Like

I think its kinda weird there is cooldown for maintenance caused by sending pax airplane to that destination.

2 Likes

i agree

1 Like

btw an A380 has an A-check every 900-1000 flight hours, in WoA you need the A-check after about 100 flight hours.

source:

Oh wait… when sending A380 to FRA for maintenance, it will cost W 44.500, but there is also income of W 25.570 (i guess for pax). So the maintenance is netto W 18.930

After having my first A380s in need for maintenance I would like to share my thoughts. I really like the idea behind it, but there is room for improvements:

• most important: please reduce the income per mile at the A380s. If my fleet of 30+ A380s is flying to the top destinations (SIN, SYD, BOM etc.) It is easy to buy 4 new A380s per day. I think the economic balance in the game is now worse than before the last update. It even starts to get boring because there is no challenge to earn money once you have a few a380s in your fleet.

• as mentioned above already: why does maintenance flights have the same cooldown timer than the pax flights? Before my first maintenance I have sent a 737 to Seattle and a 777 to Frankfurt so I had to wait 50 minutes for nothing.

• there shouldn’t be pax on board if sending a plane to maintenance Or we should earn the money for the maintenance flight. In the moment we offer a kind of free flights for our guests :wink: BTW the same with new planes: Didn’t knew that Boeing and Airbus are delivering planes with pax and cargo :wink: but probably a little hard to change for the devs

*please add more destinations for the maintenance flights or reduce the cooldown time. -> But maybe this situation is solved once we can build own hangars and perform the a&b checks at our airport. We will see in future.

*[quote=“RudiMentaer75, post:22, topic:1692”]
would it be possible to replace this area with the current maintenance status of your aircraft, since it has no valuable information in there for owned aircraft? it’s hard to see if your aircraft needs maintenance (without scrolling through a long list)
[/quote]
I totally agree

*Last Point so far: As I already mentioned d-Check needs to be much cheaper than buying a new plane. Especially with the long cooldown times and the few destinations for maintenance flights, there is really no reason to perform a D-Check at all. It is cheaper and faster to wreck the old planes than sending them to maintenance.

My workaround is now even more extreme: 25% of my a380s will be wrecked after departing to its last flight before the A-check. That means I have received 10% of the total income plus 16 gold planes. The other 75% I will wreck just before B-Check. That is how I reduce the number of planes need to fly to maintenance dramatically and still making more than enough revenue.

That are just my thoughts about it… Happy playing!

3 Likes

you said

i said

As far as I can see there is no income for the flight.

After sending it to maintenace, select the tag. You will see the income there.

Is it? What tag do you mean?

If I just watch my total money it is reduced by 44,500$. I will double check it maybe I am wrong. Unfortunately I have just handled all my planes for today. :smiley:

The tag at the bottom of the screen:

*picture courtesy of @RudiMentaer75 *

i’ll start a new thread about improvements of the maintenance system so that this one can be used for players questions on how it works. maybe shill can move the ideas to the new thread please

In WoA everything is scaled down (from real life values) for example price for A380 is 450.000.000 Euro (divided by 1000) brings 450.000k

Same applies to every value in game (pasasngers income maintenance plan etc) - and that is not gonna change - even for a reason that extra three zeros would make numbers to busy on plane cards.

@DuneCrawler Just had another one for maintenance and there is no income for these flights. Just check the money I have had before and after.

:smiley:

In real life an airline earns 67,000.000 on a A380 flight from IAD to SYD?
I should invest in an airline…

It may work on the costs of the planes but not on the income and on maintenance.

2 Likes

@ICEgamer1705, i see. That happend to me too today. Yesterday I had income i was sure…

i have income, too

1 Like