Real World Aviation news

I don’t have one myself but my brother took one which the family will probably use. I’m just over the moon I’ve finally got to visit the flight deck of a 757

2 Likes

More RB211 action for you! Trying to convince parents to get a flight to Palma and back so I can fly on a 757 one last time. As you are quite a common to MAN, when is normally the best time to fly? Only problem is I’m on the doorstep of Luton so I would have to go LHR-MAN, MAN-PMI, PMI-LTN. Only other choice for me would be Icelandair out of Heathrow.

1 Like

In the summer one of the PMI flights will almost certainly be a 757. But could equally be anything from a 737-800 to an A321neo to a 757 or an A330. A Quick Look at schedules though shows Lanzarote has a fair few 757s, and one the afternoon flights down to TFS seem to have a 757 in summer. In winter they are rather sparsely used except school holidays, with many only doing a couple of flights a week, if that

1 Like

Exciting

An Hifly A380 has just left Mojave Air and spaceport.
What makes this exciting is that this aircraft will go to the new startup airline Global airlines.
Are you excited to see Global airlines take this massive step?

2 Likes

Let’s hope they are successful and not another Flybe 2.0

First A321 NEO XLR production (not Prototype) has been spotted.

2 Likes

Of course it’s aer lingus too. Your favorite

:rofl: well favourite to make fun of…

Your screenshot competition post says otherwise🤣

United 737 Max 8 runway extension

Well the 737 Max family is back in the media again after a runway excursion took place at Huston airport. This is the 2nd incident that the Max took place this year in just 2 mouths. There’s no Denying that the 737 Max safety record is ridiculous.

1 Like

You’ve got the recently emerged rudder incident as well

1 Like

That shows the amount of crap from the 737Max is growing really fast. This is seriously becoming a lethal aircraft

The thing with todays incident is not much is known, it might not have been an issue with the 737 itself

2 Likes

Yeah, it wasn’t as terrible South by Houston, but there was (as you can see in the pictures) a good amount of showers and some storms around today and last night. Could’ve been weather related but we’ll see.

Upon further news articles and passenger/ATC accounts, it appears they were taking a longer landing (faster and further) due to an aircraft landing closely behind. As they turned onto the taxiway, it appears they kept too much speed, likely collapsing one of the gear (passengers heard a loud pop) with the aircraft then leaning to the side and going into the grass.

There seems to be an awful lot of spacing issues in the US at the moment, especially when you include all those runway incursions in the past 12 months

Yeah, especially since the US has some Serious safety issues there as well, I mean I fell like every single incident came from the US.

I mean to be fair we are the busiest airspace in the world (I’m pretty sure… I think Europe would be a close second and China is quickly catching up). But yeah, once you get that many flights ATC is pushin that tin real close at times.

I pretty sure I did a curse

_133093294_gke2vidwiaanyqs.jpg
0_Heathrow-Airport-plane-collision

Earlier today a Virgin 787 collided with a BA A350 at you guessed it London Heathrow airport (the same airport in game)

3 Likes

Fixed it for you

1 Like