Screenshot competition

Humm :thinking: this sounds kinda like the quote from when easyJet made a dating website

That is a complete coincidence, I just said it because ita a common phrase

1 Like

One of my favourite liveries. Not only is the font pure class, but the logo itself also has a deeper meaning. It symbolises a peacock in SriLankan mythology called Dandumonara, meaning a flying machine.
I flew to Sri Lanka once and even in real life, it looks beautiful. Not too much going on, just simple, clean and effective.

3 Likes

I’m not if I should ssy this or not so I’m just saying it
This month’s theme is favorite airlines, and your screenshot, while I guess not against the rules, really doesn’t show any airlines? If you would like to resubmit go ahead, but I don’t think that your current submission fits well

@horsepowergeek ok I understand and you are right! but it seemed nice to show. as soon as I take a photo with an airline I will post it :+1: thanks

Of you want to show it PRG - sharepoint is open

Thanks !! I’ll move it then :+1:

Currently, my favourite airline (in WOA) is CSA, especially in the old livery since it looks beautiful but is yet so simple. Hopefully, the airline will face better times in real life sometimes soon.

2 Likes

1 Like

Not many pictures to choose from since it was a one time event, but I loved Northwest Airlines! Never got to fly on them, but they represent my home corner of the U.S., and I think they had beautiful paint schemes. They merged with Delta Airlines around 2009.

5 Likes

Northwest was a american airline wasn’t it? I seen to find their 747s seen mainly in Asia so I’m a little blurry on that fact

1 Like

Yep, a flagship American legacy carrier, however, they started out as Northwest Orient Airlines, which was dropped in 1984 after they merged with Republic Airways. They had a pretty extensive trans-Pacific network. I should also add they had a comprehensive cargo side of the airline as well, which cargo of course frequents between Asia and North America.

1 Like

Lady’s and Gentlemen boys and girls. It’s time to reveal my favourite airline and also one of the most flown airline of my life and is based on an island in Europe … It’s Green.

That’s right it’s Aer Lingus my 2nd most flown airline of my life and the national airline of Ireland. Although I Criticised them for there Poor products and aircraft reliability that dose not explain why it’s my favourite airline. For me I like this airline because of it’s stuff service they were the nicest I ever met on airline especially on one flight from FUE to DUB in 2019 where crew where saying in a polite manner and welcoming emotions as I boarded. And the livery like the old livery looks absolutely stunning.

Fun Fact: During a School Trip during my Business Subject class me and lots of other people went to one of Aer Lingus office in Dublin airport in order to study on there financial stuff and before we leave they gave me and lot of other people a bag which inside was a pen, a notebook, a note pad and a few pencils.

6 Likes

This American Airlines 777 holds a special place in my heart. When I was young, my dad frequently went on business trips that kept him away from home for weeks at a time. Despite the distance, he always flew with American Airlines due to his frequent flyer status. When my mom and I went to the airport to welcome him back from his travels, I would eagerly anticipate the sight of the 777-300 landing, signaling my dad’s return home.

10 Likes

American was definitely in my top 3, but had to use the Northwest Airlines I had a good shot of. American is the one airline i have a mile rewards credit card for and fly them about 2-4 times a year. Mostly CRJ9, E170/175s and A321s, but I have flown their B788 twice and an A320 once. The only 777s I’ve flown on are United (including a B764), but I’ll be flying an American B772 from LAX to DFW in April.

1 Like

My grandmother has a story she tells of going to Ireland, she always brings up the flight Between ORD and DUB and the “green jet” with it’s “great service” but that trip was back in the 90s, I have no idea their service now

2 Likes

We’ll you came to the right guy as I flew Aer Lingus long haul back in 2018 to Miami. As far as I know I got a complaintary meal with water included. Seats with decent amount of legroom as well as IFE and as far as i know one of the best businesses class in Europe. But I will say avoid EI-EIL and EI-EIK as these are EX Qatar airways aircraft and as far as I know they changed little to nothing on the aircraft it even has Qatar business on it and all the reviews and pictures I have seen shows that even standard class seats are literally falling apart.

I have linked there official website which shows what you might get if you have the chance to head to Ireland again:
https://www.aerlingus.com/experience/onboard-features/

Probably never gonna have a use for this info but noted, also, thanks for the clarification, my grandmother’s account of her flight is always changing so I’m never sure what it was, all I know is that it was their old livery, had great service, and, she thinks at least, it was one of their a333s
Although she always go off about her connecting flight from my local airport to Minneapolis being crap so I don’t get much info of her aer lingus flight :joy:

1 Like

For me it has to be BA. I used to catch the last flight from Glasgow to LHR just so I could go on a 767.

5 Likes

Ah yes the BA767 I flew one around 2011 or 2012 from London Heathrow to St Petersburg. I believe they had IFE screen at the time but I am not sure.

1 Like