SYD Pre Release Discussion

They should also add bonza airlines since they operate b38m it would be nice have.

This could just be for events though, because I don’t think Bonza flies to SYD…

1 Like

The game is using a distance-based system for contracts in general and I believe there is a cutoff point, within that range all flights, even widebodies are labelled local contracts as long as the airlines is set as the base airline for this airport. There may be some cutoff points in the game that designate which aircraft is available, so that is the reason why we cannot access A388 from QR in LHR (I believe the devs have noticed this).

So I suggest the domestic ones with a longer distance, like the SYD-PER flight, that is a “YES”. However due to the proximity of MEL I am not pretty sure if devs will make that a special exception as currently in NGO I cannot access large jets from Japanese airlines for domestic destinations but they actually do them on domestic routes IRL.

1 Like

yeah i checked. will there be antarctica as destination for SYD as event arrivals??

A common question is which runways will we get, so:

Here are all of the different modes of operations SYD has: What rules apply to use of Sydney Airport flight paths? – AsA National Insightfull

And where the article sources their info: https://sacf.infrastructure.gov.au/ltop

Now… what I expect is that we will only get the parallel runway modes as right now we don’t have any airports with crossing runways used connecurently IRL. I feel like If the devs want to add this mechanic, they need to start with a smaller airport to get the coding solid before adding it to a 3+ runway airport.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Playable Airports - Oceania (Australasia)

Ignoring the obvious question with that photo, I can’t see the tower model not being made, every airports buildings are as true to life as they can be in game and every other airport has an accurate tower model, and SYD wouldn’t be any different

I have been observing SYD on FlightRadar for the past few days. It operates the two parallel runways and the landing are from the side of the sea(dont really remember what direction it is.) This means that taxi times to the stands are fairly short. But taxi times to the runway for takeoff are longer. [Runway 34L and 34R]
Have also seen it in reverse sometimes [Runway16L and 16R]
But never have I seen aircrafts use the 3rd runway except for taxing[Runway 25 and 07].
Also for landings, smaller planes like the turboprops and the 737,A320 use the smaller runway. While most widebodies use the longer one.
Although sometimes I have also seen smaller planes use the longer runway so I wonder how it will be modelled.

3 Likes

Awesome news that SYD is the next playable airport!

This is my home airport and I actually operate out of here so I thought I would clarify real world ops and also my 2 cents on my preferred gameplay mode.

Real World SYD uses both parallel runways simultaneously for departures and arrivals with the main runway 16R/34L used for all south and west bound flights and the shorter 16L/34R used for all east and north bound flights.
There are exceptions to this were most domestic jet departures to the south will use 16L/34R to better manage taxiing workloads on ATC to avoid runway crossings, and most long haul aircraft will be performance restricted to using the main runway 16R/34L.
All landing aircraft up to an A330/B787/B772 size can be processed onto either runway performance dependant with the same directional bias as departures but everyone will prefer using the main runway to minimise taxi times. I have also seen A350’s processed onto 16L/34R even though it is not prescribed in the charts.
And for those asking about 07/25 it is only used a few days in the year where there are strong easterlies or westerlies above 20kts. It is often used for taxiing to help manage traffic on taxiway G

Gameplay wise my preference would be to use 16R/L as the runway mode with all movements going to T1 (International) using the main runway and all movements going to T2/T3 (Domestic) using the parallel runway. Whilst arriving taxi times would be longer I believe this would maximise the aircraft movements and limit runway crossings and crossover points from arriving aircraft vacating the runway and departing aircraft which would happen with 34L/R ops. Specifically the rapid exit A2 and A intersection on 34L and U1 onto L crossover with S and T on 34R

6 Likes

Make sure you watch this livestream today if you can about Sydney.

2 Likes

rather have jfk

I may believe that the only available runway for SYD airport is 34L and 34R. What I believe is
34L - Will be used for L and X plane for both Arrival and Departure.
34R - Will be used for S and M plane for also Arrival and Departure.
But for the others I am not sure about it.

I hope Qantas B737s will be added on SYD release date.

2 Likes

Well, it is the main carrier, so…

Yeah that’s why. I mention it because now we don’t have a Qantas B737 in the game.

SYD Lunching
Great News, it’s good to increase level in LHR…

It’s time to do…

My suggestion

Please add 2 runway…
One for departure another for landing…

Like LHR…

Because there’s nowhere in the game in can currently fly to. NGO is out of range.

3 Likes

I imagine it will come for local regional routes with SYD!

4 Likes

Hopefully they add the Qantas B463 too