New Game Features

I’ve been thinking and though why not can we add A320 family aircraft to add ULDs like on most widebodys.
We currently have this in all A320 family aircraft (luggage loaded into the belly directly

And these are examples of ULD’s loaded into the belly of a A320
360_F_287480157_jAWOt8M3J1YcpfOWpx0H6AdLTmriGaEq

This would be useful for A320 operators in game that use ULD, that don’t use ULD or both.
Another improvement to these ULDs are

1. Load multiple at a time (2 or 3) instead of one at a time
  2. Before reaching the aircraft for loading they can be rotated all at the same time (instead of one at a time) same with unloading
  3. I would like to see Airline brand on each container they owned instead of Jettainer brand on all of it (as it can get boring) especially on cargo airlines (DHL, FedEx)
  4. Would like to see them attach or detach some carts at the back of the truck for loading and unloading for realistic purpose.

I do hope that my idea would be a game changer for realistic purpose especially for people who want a realistic experience.

7 Likes

Also some carry loose cargo in the belly, such as this American A320 I caught the other day.

2 Likes

Yeah we never strapped down cargo unless it was in ULDs

1 Like

That is a point about cargo, but what I was talking about is luggage eather loosely loaded in, use ULD’s to load them in or a combination of both.

1 Like

I didnt know which section to put this since they dont belong to any continent.

With alliances coming into the game, I think its a good for generic alliance liveries to be added in the game too. For now there are only two(klm and finnair) and they are events. But I think they should be generic contracts since they are actually really common irl. Anyways, here are examples of some.

Star alliance

skyteam

oneworld

6 Likes

It would be wonderful to see this with the planned feature that airlines with the same model and different liveries (Condor, Frontier, Iceland) automatically change liveries without having multiple contracts. Even if it would only be a 5% chance to see a Skyteam/Star Alliance/One World livery.

6 Likes

This is a really important thing that would improve the game a lot.

1 Like

They already randomize the winglets vs sharklets for the A320 revamped contracts now, so I don’t see why it couldn’t be done.

2 Likes

I beleive I’ve suggested something similar before

I have:

2 Likes

That would also be great. Sometimes you see L models on short-haul flights. Mostly for training flights (such as the B789 from Austrian Airlines recently)

But Carl once said that it is very difficult with different models (certainly not impossible, but complex and difficult), the same model + different livery would be much simpler.

1 Like

Could we get the HSBC logo on the LHR jetways the same way we have the DHL logo on LEJ jetways?

7 Likes

Sorry if this may have been mentioned (I haven’t read the whole thread), but I think a cool feature would be to create a “frequency” feature on generic contracts. For example, a contract with several flights per day would come back quicker, and a contract with one flight per day to a shorter destination would take longer to come back. Maybe default would be as it is now and you could have “more frequent” or a “less frequent” option on the contract card. For example, from LHR I do not need my LoganAir contract to IOM to show back up after 25 minutes, and I would like the BA B77W to/from JFK to come back quicker than several hours considering there are 8+ daily flights on that aircraft every day. Maybe even have to pay a certain amount of silver planes or wollars to have a contact come back at half the time it normally takes.

6 Likes

Yeah I mentioned it in the lhr pre release discussion but still it would be a cool feature to have

Also on yesterday’s topic about same contract different livery, maybe it could be if we have an aircraft with a special livery or multiple special livery counterparts(ex. Emirates a380), then maybe like 5-7% of the time it could show up as a special livery you have unlocked in the woapedia?

2 Likes

That, and if you’re sticking to realism, I don’t want a model flying in for that contract that doesn’t or hasn’t ever flown to the airport. I know, I’m a stickler, but I think that’d be the way to balance it. Also have to remember different size aircraft make different money and cost different amounts including potential SP disparities.

2 Likes

That’s an amazing idea. I like to run my airports realistic as far as contracts and gate assignments where possible. I fill out each individual one possible but only one flight is available as you know. The issue came with gate usage. I had more aircraft contracts with one airline that IRL only operated each contract say maybe 2 times a week, trying to utilize one gate, while another airlines with less contracts barely uses the 3 gates they have, even though IRL they have multiple flights a day and should need the gates more often.

1 Like

I agree, but how would it affect say the radar? Each contract is one plane. Would some contracts be multiple planes? I think it’s better just to add more contracts of the same plane on high frequency routes, and remove contacts on low frequency routes.

1 Like

Agreed, i didn’t think of that hurdle.

1 Like

Hi devs, would it be possible to have auto delivery assign gates randomly instead of in the order of the gate number? I believe this would make airport operations appear more active as the planes would not just be concentrated in one area of the airport, leaving the rest of the airport looking deserted. Thx

7 Likes

Excellent point :+1:t2: