SXM Pre Release discussion

Recently it rained so hard where I live that mackarels came asking for directions to the nearest river, so I had to stay inside for a considerable time. I spend that on watching St. Maarten’s airport on Flightradar24. I recommend you do the same.

Interesting things were happening there with nice oppertunities for new gameplay with the release of SXM.

At first I was wondering what a small airport would bring to the game, but now I can’t wait. The devs allready mentioned backtracking and the use of intersection take off.

The combination of the announced groundradar and traffic management challenges like this situation I captured is tantalizing:

I also saw lot’s of new aircraft types flying around there that are not currently in the game. Both PAX and Cargo.

What catches your eyes?

8 Likes

Almost all landings are on RWY10 - look at the black slides on termac.

2 Likes

I have also seen landings on RWY28 with small planes. Also M planes that have to taxi to the turnpoint at the beginning of RWY28 to depart from there.

2 Likes

Yes indeed. But wind is almost unchangable on SXM.

1 Like

Well, not sure if I will let my planes arrive here

6 Likes

Could be this “feature under development”:

3 Likes

Extremely under development :laughing:

2 Likes

:laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Definitely fun to play casually but it will be pain in the … to get connections with other players. Also making money will be super hard like at BRI (I guess only 2 L/X slots nothing more).

2 Likes

Possible layover stops, found this while sending my planes to Rio that there is a layover in SXM, so we may see layovers, also may not, who knows

4 Likes

I didn’t know that. Servicing layovers would be a nice addition. There are not that many M flights visiting SXM.

1 Like

I doubt even the X slot. And there are very few L planes visiting. So I share your remark about making money. But knowing the devs they must have something up their sleeves.

1 Like

Nice idea! I put it in my suggestion report for devs.

1 Like

Looking at the description on portal it should have quite a few L stands. Sadly only one X stand. They didn’t mention the amount of L stands but I am guessing we will get 4-5 L stands.

I didn’t look at the development portal lately and obviously missed the information there. If there are that many L stands I wonder which airlines are going to visit. IRL only Air France and KLM fly there with big ones, as far as I know.

Well in real life 747 landed regularly at this airport and also A330 and A340. I think that I saw photo with these 2 planes together at two “gates” so thats why I was assuming we could get 2x L/X or 2x L slot or 1x and 1x L slots. It would be like in real life :smiley: we will see!

1 Like

You are right :slight_smile:

Air Caraibes A333 arrival
obrazek

JOON A343

Volga-Dnepr Group Il-76

Corsair A332
obrazek

3 Likes

Thanks for this information. There is enough potential :grin:.

Gonna be hard considering

1. No il-76
  2. russian

Others would be nice to see too