SXM Pre Release discussion

I guess this gives all of us time to grind as many silver planes as possible before the new maintenance system comes out. It looks as if it will take more time to earn the silver planes…

1 Like

I posted this almost a year ago:

2 Likes

I agree with you, it would be a good idea to be implemented in the game.

I get the point that devs would like to make the game as realistic as possible and a longer ground service time is definitely a thing I’m glad to see. It does not make any sense to me when passengers on a B738 can fill the aircraft within few minutes.

My experience with some airports is that I cannot operate it like the most realistic way, such as IAD, I found I can only have L/XL planes to arrive as all tarmacs in these cats can definitely fill up the runway for arrivals and there are still long queues!

I suspect the current timing system will be an issue in SXM as L/XL planes must occupy the runway for a prolonged time (backtaxi!).

1 Like

Nice to see some more liveries added to the feedback portal! Some interesting additions and nice to see more variations of an airline (ie American retro liveries and the Icelandair 737s)

Also, just from observations, it appears the BA E190 is missing the British Airways titles.

Really looking forward to seeing these new liveries in game!

5 Likes

Many nice liveries hidden away there. Avelo, breeze, and Flair are my personal favorites. Now that we finally have an update timeline, there’s still more liveries the team might add.

Another confirmed livery currently missing on the portal is the United 744 in the continental livery. The advanced Saab 340 and associated liveries are also presumably being included.

2 Likes

With an expected release date of “2nd quarter” we still have some time to kill before we can storm the heavens with the new version.

For those who are looking for an interesting new way for playing until then I like to bring an old idea of mine to your attention:

2 Likes

E190’s title name of BA is missed

1 Like

That’s exactly what I thought, hopefully it’ll be fixed prior to release!

1 Like

Is planned. Dont worry :slight_smile: is on the list „to do”. But not sure if it will be in incoming update.

1 Like

Actually, this happens in PRG with a computer arrival, a B747 of Korean Airlines from Seoul and in PRG X arrival on IAD there’s a Korean Airlines B747 from PRG

1 Like

Currently training my pilots at SXM:

Landing:

Take off (after 17 min)

5 Likes

Any idea if “2Q” means April or June?

1 Like

I have no idea where the devs are in the coding, testing and creation aspects. Any comment is speculation.

What I do hope is that the devs find time to document the changes in the game and the new features. Otherwise we are all spending a lot of time in figuring things out where, with a bit of help, we can apply the information in actual gameplay.

I have pointed this out some time ago.

1 Like

They have not disclosed anything beyond that… A little bit weird. I suggest in May or June as it is close to April at this moment.

1 Like

It was mentioned on a recent Instagram post that they are going to show one final set of player liveries, which if I believe the idea was one set a week, showing 4 at a time. Maybe that could be a hint at an April release, but that’s just guess work.

1 Like

Q2 is from April to June. Given how large of a range that is, the update will likely come in that timeframe. For the liveries, they will have shown all 16 of them by this Friday, 3/31. Perhaps that means the update will come in the following days? Who knows.

It would be nice to have more regular development information considering we have been waiting for well over a year. Hopefully we get a devblog in April about how it’s going.

1 Like

That was also my logic. Hopefully we get another devblog soon see how far things have come since the last one was posted.

1 Like

We have not ever seen any new UI pictures (if I do not count those from portal). I am quite curious about the new game look. I hoped for March update as well.

1 Like

Didn’t they want to show us the cargo versions of those liveries as well? If they decide to do them separately it would take at least another month (including this week) of showing us player liveries.

1 Like

Perhaps, though personally I feel that would be nonsensical. The difference between the cargo and passenger versions is nothing except the cardboard box logo and the cargo text. So I don’t think this makes sense.

It would also be a little frustrating showing us liveries we’ve technically already seen instead of showing us more about the main features of the update. We haven’t seen/heard much about contracts, handling, and radars, and basically nothing about the airline manager.

1 Like