SXM Pre Release discussion

So your prediction is that 2.0 game focus more on airport and control tower management than fleet manager?

My guess is the primary focus is fleet management and building your own routes. The only control you have is assigning your fleet of airplanes to what gate you want them to park. The flying and taxiing is done automatically.

1 Like

My interpretation of the deal manager is that you use it to add more time to the remaining allotted time for the turnaround of the plane. I don’t think it handles the plane automatically, I think it just gives you more time to handle the plane.

1 Like

No

Where Airline can be “fleet”, “new style connections” or “contracts”.

1 Like

I can’t stop being excited about this. I can’t wait to see more of it!
Will the boarding bridge eventually spread to other airports?

3 Likes

What airport is this?

Did I read this wrong, the 2.0 game update will include the existing airports plus SXM and a secret large airport playable. Is that correct?

There is no secret large airport coming iirc. Only airport coming is SXM

1 Like

He wrote in the update after Update 2.0 will be an airport on a new continent.

1 Like

I thought I wrote it, but it was missing. My apologies. This is Prague International Airport, which is being rebuilt.

1 Like

That’s the new Prague model coming in 2.0. The following update will also have an airport located in a new part of the world.

1 Like

Did you guys see the gameplay video? It’s short, but it reveals a lot about what’s going on, more than I can explain in a forum post.

Apparently, according to the devs, we’re expecting devblogs everyday but I’m a little skeptical. But I would say we’ll be getting devblogs more frequently from now on until release.

1 Like

Yeah! The UI and contacts look so cool, and the amount of SP is mind blowing

1 Like

Where can I find that?

1 Like

I’d like to believe that perhaps you meant to say something about the image.

I dont think the new airport will be Dubai…coz MCT and Dubai will simply be too close to each other.
It was okay in Europe as INN and BRI were comparatively smaller airports.
But these 2 are full sized airports with two runways and the logic doesnt fit in for the Devs to make Dubai airport. They should rather try somewhere in Southeast Asia which will be like halfway between NGO and MCT. Maybe somewhere in India, Bangladesh or maybe further down like Indonesia.
Also as far as I know, there are too many Indian players and knowing Indians as they are…they would like nothing more than an Indian airport which they can play.

1 Like

Here it is, it was a livestream and thankfully someone recorded it:

It won’t be, the new airport will be in a region not already present in the game. So that pretty much leaves Southeast Asia, South America, Australia, India, Pacific Islands, Africa, etc.

I believe that is what the devs said, every airport will receive a unique jet bridge based on the one in reality. So every airport should get one except LEJ and SXM since they already have accurate jetbridges.

Also, here’s a little sneak peak regarding seat configuration. We were also told in the Dev Q&A that those will very large fleets should consider downsizing, as very large fleets will be hard to manage in the new system.

6 Likes

Thanks @Bluebird and @Thephatrican.

2 Likes

In the video with the radar, will planes need to go to their destination and come back for them to be able to land again?

yes. To reduce the long wait of sending aircraft, time is sped by 3x either just for flights or for the whole game (Im pretty sure the latter)

2 Likes

“Statics” or “playable”?

1 Like

Those are statics, just like at SXM. INN has them too, and since there’s private jet stands at SAN and IAD too I would guess they would have them as well.

3 Likes