SXM Pre Release discussion

From what I remember seeing, they are static for now but will eventually be operational

6 Likes

Just to back up my comment from the other day:

3 Likes

Oh yeah I remember that. I’m still curious how that will be implemented.

Here’s some views of the new radar as well and a few things I noticed:

I guess the AT76 is the AT75 now? Also I noticed that it mentions runway distance. Since we’re expecting wear to be introduced, that’s how we’ll know if our aircraft are being strained.

Contract slots… I have some concerns here. If we’re limited by active contracts, does that place a barrier on the number of destinations that airlines can serve at once? If so, that is rather unrealistic and a big letdown. But hopefully I am wrong. I see there are different ones for cargo too.

Also, it mentions Prague serves S M L X aircraft, which I would imagine would display for all airports. Meaning that you can’t send A380s or other large aircraft to airports that cannot accept them.

Quick disclaimer: that is in theory, of course. I don’t have 100% confirmation, I’m just making observations based on the evidence I can see

2 Likes

Another devblog :partying_face:. This one regards contract limits. I have to be honest, I’m still a little skeptical about introducing these kinds of limits. But I also have faith in the devs that they’ve planned and tested this well and believe it will be beneficial, so I respect that.

Also, here’s two bridges on an L aircraft:

2 Likes

Look at the right edge of the picture!
CRJ9

2 Likes

Looks like there probably would be a change of the name of aircraft model, without updating it. However, would be a nice surprise, if would be though

1 Like

That’s… odd. The current CRJ model is supposed to the -7 model, as the -9 is noticeably longer and also (to my knowledge) isn’t operated by most of the airlines we have now. So what’s going on there?

1 Like

They also changed the name of the B462 to B463 although more airlines operated the B462. But the capacity of the ‘B462’ actually belongs to the B463 so maybe thats why.

3 Likes

The new devblog has really confused me if I’m honest, so we are limited to how many we have (which I’m assuming could mean airports would be rather empty in the event most of the contracts are long-haul to maximise money), and sending our own aircraft to a destination is now on a contract basis, and subsequently takes up one of the slots?

But it is really nice to see double jetways finally being of use on L planes, would be nice if the Jetways on the 757 would use L2 instead of L1, and maybe a possible CRJ remodel hinted at there.

2 Likes

Agree, empty airports are an issue, but the devs said they’re working on solutions, so I think they’ve figured something out. Also, with the new demand mechanics it seems like long haul won’t be inherently profitable anymore. I think it depends more on the individual route.

Yeah that’s strange to me as well. I like the idea of creating contracts for your own planes, but I don’t really feel to great about limits. Maybe it’s just something you’ll have to progress through by playing the game.

Yeah we know all older aircraft are being remodeled, but does this mean it’s coming in this update? Because that would include the CR2, CRJ5, CRJ7, and CRJ9 (perhaps more, but those are the most common variants). It just doesn’t make sense to rename it to a variant it clearly is not :sweat_smile:

This is what I’m getting at, it looks the same in profile. Unless the devs have quietly remodeled it like the Saab…

1 Like

I’m still wondering what’s been going on with the 757 remodel, the freighter has been out since December 2021, but the passenger version has seemingly disappeared. I remember an original plan back when 2.0 was first announced was for the 757 to be added alongside 2.0.

I must admit, I’m slightly concerned about the own planes on contracts as it seems us with large fleets will have numerous aircraft just sat around idle, unless off course the contract has arrival and departure slots like now, or destinations are purchased separately for our own flights.

2 Likes

The devs have hit a roadblock with the 757, because of the different variants, winglets, and engine types, it would create 6 different 757 models and clutter the hangar. So they’re working on a solution. It will also need to be fixed for the A320 rework, which would have 12 different models :grimacing:

I think the best thing is to allow players to configure their aircraft during purchase. Have different variants, like the 752 and 753, but then have engine, winglet, range (ER/LR/XR if applicable) and seating configurations.

I think this and the contract limit were the reasons why the devs said to consider downsizing fleets, because they would just stand idle. I think this would be a great time to implement remote stands/hangars as suggested on the feedback portal. Then, you could tow unused aircraft off the gate and park them.

An update regarding slots, the devs said they will closely monitor the feature and feedback upon release. If players generally find them too restrictive, they will reevaluate and balance them.

As a 757 fan, that sounds brilliant! I’ve always thought having them as toggle-able options (tick boxes) in maintenance or buying a plane could have been an issue around that.

1 Like

Just seen this, and really do agree. Might be worth adding a leasing concept or second hand market as well for additional revenue, and it helps newer players as they can buy slightly cheaper aircraft when starting out.

1 Like

CRJ5 is the CRJ700, but specialized to be 50 seats instead of the usual number. It would be the same physical model.

1 Like

what would the crj5 benefit over the 700 if it has 28 less seats? more range?

I remember this variant was specifically developed for United. And this aircraft comes with more premium seats (so I suggest in game you earn more money per seat) and lower MTOW (which requires shorter runway I think)

1 Like

B752RR? Are we finally getting the 757 advance model?

3 Likes

Maybe they just renamed it. Like the CRJ7 was renamed to CRJ9

That’s what I first thought, but the fact it’s B752RR implies that the PW variant (airlines like Delta) is also being added, very similar to what we have with the A330s, the A332/3 and the A332/3RR